Underwater Tribe/Wakatobi/Pelagian trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abernat

Contributor
Reaction score
I've posted my report and link to photos at Indonesia Diving 2015

We did a photo workshop with Underwater Tribe and then 10 days at Wakatobi followed by 7 nights on the Pelagian. Given that this was our third trip to Wakatobi (first on the Pelagian) we obviously like it. We've already reserved 7 nights at Wakatobi and 2 weeks on the Pelagian for 2017.

To us Wakatobi and the Pelagian are a great combination of wonderful diving, great personalized service and wonderful people.

Andy

I've posted my report and link to photos at Indonesia Diving 2015

We did a photo workshop with Underwater Tribe and then 10 days at Wakatobi followed by 7 nights on the Pelagian. Given that this was our third trip to Wakatobi (first on the Pelagian) we obviously like it. We've already reserved 7 nights at Wakatobi and 2 weeks on the Pelagian for 2017.

To us Wakatobi and the Pelagian are a great combination of wonderful diving, great personalized service and wonderful people.

Andy
Just read your entire report. Thank you so much for sharing. We just booked Wakatobi for April 2017 and it is our last big trip. We are so excited and your pictures and report just reinforced my decisions! Many thanks and happy diving!

Thanks for the report.
You clearly like Wakatobi and it seems amazing....BUT....seen as you've been there twice why not try another part of Indo...what about a LOB on the WOAW or Dewi in Raja Ampat or Komodo?? Or a week at the Missool Eco Resort.....

Some on this board would argue the diving in RA is definitely better than Waka and the operations I've mentioned appear to be on the same luxury level.

Just a thought.

AIMitch, we've been to Sorido Bay in Raja and I really liked the diving. The resort operation was very very disappointing (but that was six years ago so who knows now). I'd love to go back (somewhere else) and hopefully will. We will be on WAOW in Komodo in 2018 (planning way ahead). That said, Wakatobi/Pelagian is a great combination for us of great diving and great resort. We are more interested in pristine reefs and macro than pelagics. We have friends on the staff. Obviously your and others interests/choices might be different.

Andy

Thanks for the report.
You clearly like Wakatobi and it seems amazing....BUT....seen as you've been there twice why not try another part of Indo...what about a LOB on the WOAW or Dewi in Raja Ampat or Komodo?? Or a week at the Missool Eco Resort.....

Some on this board would argue the diving in RA is definitely better than Waka and the operations I've mentioned appear to be on the same luxury level.

Just a thought.

i have been to both wakatobi and raja ampat. they are both spectacular places to dive with many critters, but different. wakatobi is pretty much mostly all wall drift-diving. raja ampat has some different stuff, not many walls, but still mostly drift-diving. i would go back to both of them.

pic from RA (mike's point)
P7198160-adj-small.jpg

pic from RA
P7208253-adj-trim-small.jpg

pic from wakatobi
P7203237-adj-trim-small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom