United States "drowned towns"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to visit lake Jocassee and see the old graveyard and Inn and few other site's![/QUOTE:
the lodge is in 320'+ of water there is a check in book for divers to sign in . the lodge is mostly intact.Here is a link to Off The Wall dive charters they have a CNN vidio of the lodge OFF THE WALL DIVE CHARTERS (864)944-9255 (WALL)

Sadly, there are almost no intact structures left under the lakes, and the tales of entire cities are typically complete fabrications. I have only heard of one lake that could actually hold an entire town, but it's illegal to dive the lake and I've never heard of anyone admitting to diving it.

Lake J isn't the only one with a cemetary with headstones. I have been told of one in divable waters in my area, but I haven't gotten my boat out there yet. It's on my list for this year.

can anyone give me a link to some of the cities in arkansas? i tried google but i got some useless links.

There is a lake in Kentucky that looks more like a river but it is a lake that I vacationed at a few years back that is said to have some homes under the water due to water rising in the lake. How true :idk: but now that ?I dive I sure would like to go find out.

Has anyone heard of anything buried in Wyoming, say, in Jackson lake or the surrounding lakes?

I have heard there is a small town in Lake Havasu. Can anyone confirm that?

I always wondered about Lake Dillon in CO. We fished there as a kid and the thought of an underwater town was intriguing to the imagination. Yet from another post, someone said most of the structures are 200+ feet down and it's murky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom