Unlock Compass Dive Rite Nitek Q

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomcatbubba

Trimix Instructor | Master Instructor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
To the good folks at Dive Rite - do you have instructions on how I would unlock the compass feature on the Nitek Q? In this case, Mr Google and Mr Search were not my friends; and plugging into my computer got me nowhere.

Thanks.

I'd try emailing them directly. They were very accommodating with mine.

Hi guys!

I know diverite has already replied, but for those of us that do not live in the USA and paying for shipping charges would be quite pricey (DiveRite are nice enough to unlock for free I think), then you can get a virtual version of windows XP installed on your computer... Then use the links that DiveRite will send you to download the Workbench and do it remotely... I got my new Nitek Q computers to work with my virtual copy of XP to connect and was able to set the time, etc with Workbench :D You'd need to be somewhat technically inclined, and I watched a youtube thing to get help on how to do it... If you are not too computer savvy (and I am not by any means!!! just know a little bit about them) then you can get a friend to help you out.

I am using VirtualBox on my mac. Was a free version I found online.

Youtube link to watch what to do once you install virtual box is here below:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...LKatyxYNS1-tW6eBcm2tbA&bvm=bv.118443451,d.ZWU

This guy in the youtube video did it for Windows 7, but I did the same for XP and it worked, and played around with the USB settings on the VirtualBox menu and got it to work! Voila!

GOOD LUCK!

p.s. google is your best friend in this case :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom