Sold! Up for grabs! Shearwater Petrel 2 or 3.

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mj3dvfx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, I'll try to make this quick. I recently sent in two of my dive computers (shearwater petrel 2) for repair. We haven't used them for a long while and so unfortunately, after both sat too long with the batteries installed (I know, I know), they became damaged. I would need to replace the circuit board, LCD display, both buttons, faceplate, battery contacts, battery cap and all of the o-rings. For both units.

The repair was stated to be $419.56 each and would include:
• Parts
• Labor
• Pressure and Function testing
• Firmware update (if needed). It was recommended to be version 93.
• USPS return shipping (uninsured) to a US destination.

The second part to this is that they offered to just keep the Petrel 2 and give a discount on the newer Petrel 3. Instead of the retail price of $1300, they offered $750 each. Basically two for the price of one.

I have no desire to take advantage of either offer. If this is something that might interest you, Dive Tronix LLC, DiveTronix mentioned that I could extend the offer to someone else.

Let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom