URGENT - Kauai Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

We are going to be in Kauai via cruise ship and would like to dive Koloha Landing for two shore dives. There are four of us and we have arranged transportation to drop us off and pick us up, however, I just thought of some potential problems. Where are we going to put our one spare tank, our towels, sunglasses, money, etc. while we are all underwater.

Does anyone have any solutions for this? We didn't want to book with a dive company - no offense as they are wonderful on this island, however we feel that we can do this dive ourselves due to hearing it is fairly easy.

Is there a place at the port that we can rent a car? We have very limited time in port, so we would have to be able to get a car from close by there at like 6:30 AM. We have to be back on the ship at 12:30-1 PM.

Looking forward to some help from everyone,
cruzbound

Hi AquamanKauai - I sent you two PMs. We leave on Wednesday so I need to get this dive in order. Can you please respond? Thanks, cruzbound

Can you bring your money and cruise IDs in the water with you? And leave any phones on the ship? I don't think anyone will mess with your tanks, towels or sunglasses as the Landing is a popular dive spot and is pretty safe. There are usually several instructors / guides set up next to their trucks/vans, just spread one towel out between two instructors' areas and pile your stuff on top of it. Every instructor there is friendly and will be happy to let you stake out a towels-worth of space.

Thanks Rick for the suggestion. We decided to rent a vehicle so we can control our own timing since we have to be back to the cruise ship at a specific time.

Hi,

We are going to be in Kauai via cruise ship and would like to dive Koloha Landing for two shore dives. There are four of us and we have arranged transportation to drop us off and pick us up, however, I just thought of some potential problems. Where are we going to put our one spare tank, our towels, sunglasses, money, etc. while we are all underwater.

Does anyone have any solutions for this? We didn't want to book with a dive company - no offense as they are wonderful on this island, however we feel that we can do this dive ourselves due to hearing it is fairly easy.

Is there a place at the port that we can rent a car? We have very limited time in port, so we would have to be able to get a car from close by there at like 6:30 AM. We have to be back on the ship at 12:30-1 PM.

Looking forward to some help from everyone,
cruzbound
Hi, Cruzbound. I'd highly recommend Seasport Divers in Po'ipu. You can meet them at their shop and they will drive you in one of their vans to Koloa landing. You can leave your belongings in the van while you're underwater or you could leave them at the diveshop. Koloa landing is only a couple of minutes away from their shop so it's a quick ride. On the return, you can use their rinse tanks to clean up your gear. Get in touch with them and see what they can arrange for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom