Useful Online Photoshop Tutorials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Over time I've collected some useful online Photoshop tutorial links. I thought I'd start a thread to share them and see if anyone has others.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links.

I think it belongs here or Tips and Techniques. I'll leave it for now and see how it goes.

Thanks lots for all the links, I know I can use all the help out there...

Great!!
I moved from paint shop pro 9 to Photoshop CS. Much better Raw cantrol.
As it's more complicate to learn it those links for sure will help us a lot.

Thanks for sharing

Sabine Noack writes some fantastic tutorials that are directed at the underwater photographer. This is her latest entitled Getting Rid of that Ugly Cyan Cast

There are others at her home page. If the site comes up auf Deutsch there is a button to convert it to English. Click on "Underwater Photography" and then "Optimizing Your Underwater Photos"

---Bob

You should also consider joining the National Association of Photoshop Professionals which can be done at their website. Dont be intimidated by the name. You do not have to be a professional to join. It does, however, cost $100. For this you get one year of access to their website and a one year subscription to Photoshop User magazine (8 issues). IMO either one is worth the investment if you are serious about this hobby. Although oriented toward intermediate and advanced Photoshop users, there is a beginners column in the magazine and a beginners forum on line. I have posted several difficult questions and have gotten answers to all (again worth the investment alone).

Perhaps the best feature is a library of video tutorials by several known instructors. I love video tutorials because you hear the instructor and see what he is doing on screen in the program. If you miss something you can replay the video or move the slider back to cover what you had a problem with. Really good stuff.

This site is not really oriented toward PSE and someone who uses only PSE will be wasting $100. You will also get the most out of it if you have some basic Photoshop skills under your belt.

---Bob

Photoshop guru, Daniel Brown, will be releasing an instructional series later this year aimed at underwater photographers. I had the privelege of testing and commenting on a Photoshop action designed to help remove backscatter. The following link is to Dan's Backscatter Action and Video Tutorial and has been posted with Daniel's permission. It really works! If it does not completely solve your backscatter problem there is a tweak that may help. Send me a private message, please do not post your questions or comments in this thread.

---Bob

ScubaBOBuba:
Photoshop guru, Daniel Brown, will be releasing an instructional series later this year aimed at underwater photographers. I had the privelege of testing and commenting on a Photoshop action designed to help remove backscatter. The following link is to Dan's Backscatter Action and Video Tutorial and has been posted with Daniel's permission. It really works! If it does not completely solve your backscatter problem there is a tweak that may help. Send me a private message, please do not post your questions or comments in this thread.

---Bob

Has this come out yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom