Vancouver Islanders game for a weekday dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octopode

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there! I will have a few free days in Victoria, BC next week (of 21 April) and happen to have my gear with me.
Planning to join the Sunday drop-in dive that convenes at Frank White's, but also thought I'd toss this message in a bottle and see if there is anyone up there keen to dive Monday 22 or Tuesday 23 April. I do not have my big camera (just a phone housing, which I'm not dead set on using), so would make a decent photographer's buddy :^) and can also share more than you might want to know about any invertebrate of your choice.

Though I have not been active on SB in ~10 y, I have been active in the water. As a non-Facebooker, this sees like a good venue for finding buddies out there in the world. If I'm mistaken, let me know. If you'd like to dive, please send a DM and let's chat!

Thanks and best (jelly)fishes,
Jacob

There is a drop in Wednesday dive if you are in town that long.
Other than that I'm free both those days.

Hey grantmac, thanks for the quick response! Not enough posts to DM you, so carrying on here.

Alas, can't do Wednesday. Trying to see if I can free up Saturday and do that drop-in as well.

If you have the flexibility to go Mon and/or Tue, let's do. I see LL tides at 9:26 and 9:58 AM those days and the wave forecasts (FWIW 8 days out) are <0.5 m in the Georgia Strait. Are there any sites you have an eye on? Objectives in mind? I've yet to meet any Northwestern underwater scenery I didn't like.

After one more post I think I can take this thread private and stop cluttering the forum, but meanwhile I hope any other interested parties will chime in.

Hi there! I will have a few free days in Victoria, BC next week (of 21 April) and happen to have my gear with me.
Planning to join the Sunday drop-in dive that convenes at Frank White's, but also thought I'd toss this message in a bottle and see if there is anyone up there keen to dive Monday 22 or Tuesday 23 April. I do not have my big camera (just a phone housing, which I'm not dead set on using), so would make a decent photographer's buddy :^) and can also share more than you might want to know about any invertebrate of your choice.

Though I have not been active on SB in ~10 y, I have been active in the water. As a non-Facebooker, this sees like a good venue for finding buddies out there in the world. If I'm mistaken, let me know. If you'd like to dive, please send a DM and let's chat!

Thanks and best (jelly)fishes,
Jacob
Hey Octopode .... try the following FB groups in Victoria:
( Scuba Diving Victoria BC ) and
( Friends Who Dive, Victoria B.C., Dive Buddy Central )
You will get good traction on these pages for finding a dive buddy or two. Both of these groups, have very active divers. FB is good for diving in this area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom