1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Verify PADI certification online

Discussion in 'Q and A for Scuba Certification Agencies' started by darushin, Aug 10, 2012.

1. darushin

darushin Rebreather Pilot

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Just as the title reads, is it possible check for certifications online with padi given name, dob etc....

Daru

2. kierentec

kierentec Captain

# of Dives:
    yes, you have to be logged in as a pro member to be able to do it, though

3. Scott

Scott Tech Instructor

Do you just want to see or do you need a print out?
    One way you can verify is by using the replacement card link
    http://www.padi.com/scuba/applications/studentRCOL/default.aspx
    After filling out your name and DOB it will show your certs. Maybe take a screen shot.
    From there you could go on to order a replacement card.
    If you just want a list that you could print out, you may want to see if an Instructor friend or your LDS can print them from the Pro section. I'm not sure how the general public could anymore since the PADI MyProfile page is no longer accessible and the replacement ScubaEarth has been taken over by aliens and will not be available until late 2012.

knotical likes this.
  4. DevonDiver

DevonDiver Tech Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Yes, there is an online database of certifications. However, it can only be accessed by PADI Members (Pros) or PADI (IRRA member) dive centers/resorts.

The respective user will need your full name and date-of-birth to retrieve your records. The search function isn't flexible, so the names/dates have to match exactly what is printed on your PADI card (i.e. including middle initials etc).

5. knotical

knotical perpetual student Staff Member

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I did not know this. Thank you!
    < I just checked it and confirmed that it works. >

And for completeness, if it's a basic "professional" credential you want to check (i.e. Divemaster or above), you can do it at: http://www.padi.com/scuba/prochek/ You just need the PADI pro's member number.

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Wow.....what a DB

Funny. I certified OW with PADI in the Caribbean and have received numerous "Project Aware" cards (because I like the magazine :D) yet when I searched there, I do not exist. Good thing I have my NAUI certifications for everything that followed OW :D

7. nimoh

nimoh Public Safety Diver

just tried this link, and shows my certifications from OW through Master Scuba Diver, but does not show my Divemaster status. Not saying it should, but if anyone uses this to verify the status of a PADI Pro, it won't work.

8. davetowz

davetowz Dive Shop

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Once you hit the Pro level..DM and above, Your current pro level and status will be found using procheck. Your certs prior to DM will be found with name and birthdate on the regular diver search.

9. darushin

darushin Rebreather Pilot

Thanks everyone I just needed to verify my recent certification was processed. Using the replacement card trick worked just fine