Verizon's TravelPass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So it works to call back home and from them to you using your standad rates. But say you want to call down the street in curacao. That would be a long distant call, right?

So it works to call back home and from them to you using your standad rates. But say you want to call down the street in curacao. That would be a long distant call, right?

Great question and i do not know. I have not made any local calls.

Verizon sux!

Get WeChat and use wifi for free....

My bill for curacao is 10$ a day, i made 1 local call, not sure if that will be later or taken care already. So far everything worked out.

I plan to try it again with my upcoming trip to Grand Cayman. Hoping the 10 dollar a day price will drop if programs like this become more popular. Only 2 dollars a day for my Cozumel trip in June but looks like coverage is iffy there.

I tried to use it while on Bonaire in January and February, signal strength was weak. It actually was pretty annoying so I just got a rented a phone for my 3 weeks. 15 bucks plus a $20 phone card.

Update. I activated TravelPass and used it each day in Cozumel. I had no problem with reception except along the undeveloped east coast. I had access to my standard minutes and data for all 10 days at 2 dollars a day. Total 20 dollars for the trip.

So for short term use in Cozumel Mexico I found it very cost effective and simple to use.

And for navigation around town I found the Waze app very helpful..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom