Veterans learn to dive for Free in PA and NJ! Liquid Therapy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Donna, is there any chance that this foundation will grow, with other Instructors willing to donate some of their time to train more veterans or active duty member at a time?

I followed the link to your website for donations through PayPal, this morning, and sent a small donation to your great foundation. I'd love to see your great idea available to more of our veterans!

Donna, is there any chance that this foundation will grow, with other Instructors willing to donate some of their time to train more veterans or active duty member at a time?

I followed the link to your website for donations through PayPal, this morning, and sent a small donation to your great foundation. I'd love to see your great idea available to more of our veterans!

I saw your donation, thank you so much!!

Yes, I am working with other volunteer instructors so I can conduct open water dives as Dutch with more than 1 student at a time. Right now, they are working with me, not independently.

Ps- a foundation is a totally different breed of non-profit, Liquid Therapy Diving is a public charity :)

I saw your donation, thank you so much!!

Yes, I am working with other volunteer instructors so I can conduct open water dives as Dutch with more than 1 student at a time. Right now, they are working with me, not independently.

Ps- a foundation is a totally different breed of non-profit, Liquid Therapy Diving is a public charity :)

Not having ever had to delve into the paperwork behind a non-profit, i was not aware of the differences.
:duck:
My bad.

I'm curious, Donna. I know you have only recently gotten Liquid Therapy off the ground, with all the paperwork, etc...

How many vets or active duty have you been able to train so far?

We certified 1 Veteran last fall and there are 4 more in process so far this year :jump:

Had a lot of fun doing confined pool work with a veteran this weekend! John served in the Air Force from 1999-2009 and is the second half of a buddy team scheduled for check out dives up at Dutch in July.

I have had a bunch of interest from both Active Duty and veterans for training since I posted here last. In addition to the 4 already mentioned , there are a total of 6 scheduled so far for Discover Scubas in the beginning of July. They are a mix of real characters, definitely keeping me on my toes, LOL!

Im just checking back to see how things are going with reaching Vets, and raising a few $.

We have been away for a couple of weeks, diving on Siladen, Indonesia with friends from SB, and I have not had either the time, or the internet connection to follow along with your progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom