Wanting to Dive in July in Lake Lanier GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a video I shot Wednesday 7/4/12 with Tony ' you can see the viz shallow is not good as of now as we got deeper it improved
www.youtube.com]Lake Lanier dive @ lower over look - YouTube

[/URL]

Nice video,I did a dive Saturday on the rip rap on the east side of the dam. The vis was about 10 ft until below the thermocline then opened up to 15 ft and a few spots up to 20 ft. I saw many fish including several spotted bass @5-6 lbs,3-4 catfish over 5lbs and some dinner plate sized crappie. Max depth was 48 ft,35 minute dive time.

Nice video,I did a dive Saturday on the rip rap on the east side of the dam. The vis was about 10 ft until below the thermocline then opened up to 15 ft and a few spots up to 20 ft. I saw many fish including several spotted bass @5-6 lbs,3-4 catfish over 5lbs and some dinner plate sized crappie. Max depth was 48 ft,35 minute dive time.
Sounds like some great diving to me. Sounds like some great fishing too. :)

There is going to be a small group diving this weekend (7/14/12) @Lower over look. Here is your chance to meet some Lake Lanier Divers
meet at 8:00am splash by 8:45 or so
Let's Dive! Who all is in for the dive?

Would love to join if I get back in town in time to pick up a tank...

Silly question from the Lake Lanier un-initiated, where exactly is lower overlook? Best I can figure on Google maps is 1030 Buford Damn rd. Having never been there, I'd hate to drive around all morning trying to find y'all.

Silly question from the Lake Lanier un-initiated, where exactly is lower overlook? Best I can figure on Google maps is 1030 Buford Damn rd. Having never been there, I'd hate to drive around all morning trying to find y'all.

Lower Over Look is on the south side of the dam (Buford Dam). If you take Suwanee dam road all the way till you come to an intersection w/light that has the Dam Store turn left go about a mile and a half will be on the right hand side . there is a sign . If you cross the dam you have gone to fare. any question give me a PM

If you can't get to a tank pm me and I can hook you up with one. Mine are all al tanks though if you require steel then I'll see if someone else has one. I only charge for the price of the fill!

My regs are in for annual servicing but would love to dive with you guys on the weekends up there if you go out.

It sounds good to me,I would like to meet up with you guys. The Looney birds live. I will probably bring my pontoon boat out there,I hate humping big steel tanks up and down hills,I will have my grill on the boat if anyone wants to cook lunch,I usually cook hot dogs or hamburgers. I just need my other two tanks to get back from hydro,I have a few spares just in case they don't.

Back
Top Bottom