Wanting to Dive in July in Lake Lanier GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had to put my tanks and regs in for servicing. Maybe next time.

It sounds good to me,I would like to meet up with you guys. The Looney birds live. I will probably bring my pontoon boat out there,I hate humping big steel tanks up and down hills,I will have my grill on the boat if anyone wants to cook lunch,I usually cook hot dogs or hamburgers. I just need my other two tanks to get back from hydro,I have a few spares just in case they don't.

Yeah, nothing is more fun than launching a pontoon boat and traveling 10 minutes to do a shore dive. Why would Anyone take the 3 minutes to walk down the hill????

I wouldn't take my bass boat to dive lower overlook; it makes no sense even though I can be there in 2 minutes from the launch.

Now I would gladly take my bass boat to lake jocassee for some wall/junk/cemetery diving!! Any takers?

Yeah, nothing is more fun than launching a pontoon boat and traveling 10 minutes to do a shore dive. Why would Anyone take the 3 minutes to walk down the hill????

I wouldn't take my bass boat to dive lower overlook; it makes no sense even though I can be there in 2 minutes from the launch.

Now I would gladly take my bass boat to lake jocassee for some wall/junk/cemetery diving!! Any takers?
Thats just the way I roll,never the easy way with me,it did make diving on the dam easier.

I could see some good reasons for taking the boat out there. Examples- bilateral hip replacements. Plus it does make it easier to get to the Dam! If I was doing multiple dives the boat might be worth it too. Maybe we should make some steps down to the water for easier entry.(suggest by someone out there Sat.) :)

When are you looking at going to Jocassee?

---------- Post Merged at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:10 PM ----------

It was nice to meet you Mark, Shawn, Lindi, and J.T.

Lindi, Ken, and myself had a nice dive. I will post details on our dive later. :)

Last edited:
Ive never done any lake or querry diving so I would def be up for it if anyone else is. Im purchasing my regulator and BCD today. I still don't have a tank though, is this something I can rent from a local dive shop or should I look into buying for local dives?

Ive never done any lake or querry diving so I would def be up for it if anyone else is. Im purchasing my regulator and BCD today. I still don't have a tank though, is this something I can rent from a local dive shop or should I look into buying for local dives?

there are many LDS 's around the Atlanta area . buying or renting will all depend on how much you plan on diving and wither you are willing to make the investment in tank and the up keep of them (yearly viz inspection ,Avery 5 years Hydro) for me it is so much easier to have my own tank and keeping them full . So when I want to dive I just load them in the car and go. No going picking them up the day before /day of and then rinse them well and return the the next day . just to much hassle . I own 3 tanks usd to have 4 but sold one just the other day. Have you done much diving in LOW VIZ / Lanier does not have a lot of real good viz . Some time you will get 20'+ but most of the time it is 10' and less. Do a search on YouTube for Lake lanier diving loading dock and lake lanier diving Lower over look. there are some videos than will give you a good idea of the dive conditions /viz

There are people who can fill tanks at their own homes and if you choose to go diving with them they could bring you a tank to use and you could pay them for the fill. Having to deal with dive-shops is time-consuming and therefore painful

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom