Waome, Lake Muskoka in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were on her this morning 5 foot vis until your eyes ajust than maybe 20. She is falling apart fast and does not look like the same wreck i dove 20 years ago.

DT:
We were on her this morning 5 foot vis until your eyes ajust than maybe 20. She is falling apart fast and does not look like the same wreck i dove 20 years ago.
Even the last five years have shown a lot of wear. Thwe vis you had sounds about normal, at least...
-Craig

Are the decks still intact ? Smokestack standing? I am still looking to round up a dive on her in the next few weeks.
Smokestack is totally collapsed, along with the roof area around it. Last I saw, the decks were still largely intact, though. I'm hoping somebody who has been there this year can give a more recent update...
-Craig

This is a old thread but has anyone dove the Waome recently? my cottage is a 10 minute boat ride away and I want to dive the wreck this summer and just wondering what to expect condition wise.

yes last year shes showing her age the divers going inside have put a toll on her

Or the acidic waters of Lake Muskoka could be having a dire effect on her. 80 years under water does no favor to any wreck. Not saying that penetration dives have not had some effect on her, but even the virgin wrecks we find now are badly detoriated than what they were 30 years ago.

Hopefully in early May the water is warm enough for me to dive her in my 7mm wetsuit before the lake gets to busy with boaters. I have my 3mm I can wear underneath to add another layer of warmth. Be nice to get some video/photos of it.

I have no plans to go inside anywhere besides possibly the wheel house (if thats even still possible)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom