Water clogged ears several days after diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rottielover:
Is it 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 rubbing alcohol ? I was always told 1 part vinegar to 2 parts alcohol ???

Anyone have the "recipie"?

I have always used 1/2 and 1/2.
Now that I thhink of it I only got this problem in the first 2 tears of diving (20 years ago).
I don't seem to get it anymore.
Chris

spectrum:
My physician advised 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 rubbing alchohol. Lay on your side put a few drops into an ear canal until it's muffled and let it stand for a full 5 minutes, no cheating. Roll over and do the other ear.

Some navy studies revealed the 5 minute need.

Throwing in a drop or 2 and walking away isn't doing much more than cleaning the hair in your ears.

The treatment will prevent swimers ear and will also help dry out residual water since alchohol will combine with water to carry it out. Much like drygas for you northerners.

As explained by my physician the alchohol will serve to kill off nasty organisims and also provides a drying function.

The vinegar also makes life miserable for critters in there and helps restore the natural acidic condition in the ear.

Swimmers ear is usually not a product of the swimming water. It comes from normally occuring organisims in the ear that multiply out of contol in a wet no acid post dive ear.

The above treatment should be done at the end of every dive (skin, scuba, swim, whatever) day. It can be quite relaxing if done spooning with your S.O.

Pete

Most drug stores carry two isopropyl alcohol strengths. Use the 91% and not the 70 % in most 'rubbing alcohol'.

Eris Lucan7*:
,No wax come in the ream off my ears wail i dive better a layofcapuls,well there is there are the story from those that used Atelarie Earprortecionstiks of our WEU standart by diving they all had gone ti die out there ,not my matter ,gues what it is by your self so,its normal ....7*

HUH??? :06:

Back
Top Bottom