water temperature Deep South Maldives in Januari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClairevL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We booked a 2-week Deep South liveaboard for January and were wondering what kind of wetsuits to bring. Could anyone tell me what the water temperature will be approximately? The company that we booked with told us the water temperature would be around 28 degrees, but there will be thermoclines. If the water is really this warm, I think I'd be fine with my 2.5 mm (and I'll bring my+ 3 mm top as extra layer). However, I also heard that Deep South can be 22 degrees, which is a huge difference...

I hope someone could give me some more information on this. Thanks very much!

Last year I wore my 3mm but lots of other divers were comfy in shorties. Lots of hooking in and shark watching, so in my opinion, a diver will be more comfy in a 3mm. I wore my beanie hood more often as the days went by and a couple of the dive guides were in full suits with hoods too but bith of those guides are pretty slim. Maybe they get cold faster, dunno.

Thanks so much for your reply, chillyInCanada! That sounds like warm water:) Were you also in the Deep South, Huvadhoo and Fuvahmullah (it does sound like that with the hooking and shark watching;-))? I heard this could be quite different from the central part in terms of water temperature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom