WaterProof D1 Hybrid Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to look it up - it was 45 mins. BUT - I was wearing wet gloves - :-( and that is what limited me. So - I have ordered dry gloves for this year to extend my diving.

That is really impressive! I did one long dive at that temp in 3mm wet gloves and that was enough for me! I've had my Kubi dry glove setup now for almost a year and love it!

I will say this - I bought mine in January of 2016. I started with 42 lbs to sink - I am currently at 24 lbs - do not give up on this suit.... :)

Hi, I see you have many usefull experiences with D1. Can you help me please? I want to buy this one, not only for 3D liner, but by size charts fits me exactly MT size, and there is silicon seals on neck!

My questions are:
1.How strength / firm is the suit without 3D liner, compared to other suits (D7,..)
2.If you can, put it on weigh (or weigh with suit and without and do difference) please. I cant google the exact suit weight.
3.It is possible to put liner completly out and use suit without liner?
4.It is possible to zip/unzip yourself, when you use tool (line, carabbin.. etc)

Thanks for help!

My questions are:
1.How strength / firm is the suit without 3D liner, compared to other suits (D7,..)
2.If you can, put it on weigh (or weigh with suit and without and do difference) please. I cant google the exact suit weight.
3.It is possible to put liner completly out and use suit without liner?
4.It is possible to zip/unzip yourself, when you use tool (line, carabbin.. etc)

Thanks for help!
I have the D1 and have dived it for five years now - a lovely suit and very comfortable. I have dived it from 4 degrees c in the UK to 25 degrees c in the Mediterranean (water temps - sub zero to 35 air temp) and have had no problem with overheating. A colleague of mine dives his D1 in the Med with the liner out and it works fine, so yes you can dive it without the liner, I have never needed to.

It is perfectly strong etc. without the liner.

I have taken it on planes plenty of times, it is heavy with the liner but no idea exactly how heavy I'm afraid.

It is like any rear entry suit, much better to get your buddy to zip you in to it.

If you don't want the liner and want front entry get a D7 - I bought one of these as well to leave out in Cyprus so I didn't have to keep carrying the D1 in baggage - it is virtually a D1 without the liner and with front entry and just as nice to dive. Same build quality, silicone seals and features.

Best

Phil

Well, Kubi will be my next set of dry cuffs for sure!
To the topic at hand I agree 100% with Phil_c on this so there is no need for me to add to the reply basically. However I will say this If someone really wants to pull the zip them selves, where there is a will there is a way and more power to you, but I don't dive alone even being a fully self reliant instructor level diver!

My questions are:
1.How strength / firm is the suit without 3D liner, compared to other suits (D7,..) - I like to say it is bulletproof - but I crawl over the inlet rocks in my suit - NJ Inlets have very large and dangerous rocks that they use for an inlet barrier.
2.If you can, put it on weigh (or weigh with suit and without and do difference) please. I cant google the exact suit weight. - I have a medium and it weighs 6 lbs.
3.It is possible to put liner completly out and use suit without liner? - yes you can pull it out and hose it down or hand wash if needed - it uses velcro and zippers to keep the liner in and attached.
4.It is possible to zip/unzip yourself, when you use tool (line, carabbin.. etc) - Yes I have many times done solo in my suit - I use a wooden block and cave line but it works with a tool - at least for me.

See comments inside the quote.

I have the D1 and have dived it for five years now...

See comments inside the quote.

Hi Phil & BRDiver, thank you lot for your time and precisely answers; I think will be right suit for me; by size chart and also by parameters (3d liner, silicon seals, dry gloves compatibility, apeks valves, ykk zip).

Phil, can I have one more question please: compared to D7, how much weight you take under water, I read before 3d liner needs much more weight (of course depend on technique, but one person same equipment, diferend suit = lead diference?

BRDiver, looks you have my sizes (except tall). I am 101cm (40inch) in chest, 86cm (34inch) in waist and 96cm (38inch) in hips; almost exactly as in size chart. If you can say your opinion to these sizes, because I read WP are much huge than its size chart says.

Thank you lot for helping me. MM

edit:sizes to inch

Last edited:
BRDiver, looks you have my sizes (except tall). I am 101cm (40inch) in chest, 86cm (34inch) in waist and 96cm (38inch) in hips; almost exactly as in size chart. If you can say your opinion to these sizes, because I read WP are much huge than its size chart says.

I was 180 lbs when I bought the suit but I am now 165 lbs - I am 5'8 inches - and I am a 41 inch chest and I am 36 inch waist. The suit is not huge I think it is on target with the chart. Or at least that is how it seems to me.

The cenotes are all around 72F, I think. I was totally comfortable in Dos Ojos in a 3/2 with a Lavacore sleeveless full suit on. I think I would have actually been comfy in just the 3/2. But, that's for single tank diving. If I were doing a deco dive in those temps, I would probably wear a drysuit. Partly for the warmth and partly because a deco dive implies diving with doubles, in which case I'd also want the drysuit for redundant buoyancy.

Looking at similar dive profiles and gear I use 2kg more weight with the D1 with the liner in as opposed to the D7. So there is approximately 4 lb. difference between the two.

In fresh water with twin steel tanks I use 2kg weight with the D7, and 4 kg with the D1. I only put enough air in the Drysuit to avoid squeeze, and I use the wing for any fine tuning of buoyancy.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom