Waterproof drysuit neoprene warmer cuffs + dry gloves=#FAIL??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got a new/used Waterproof D9X drysuit (breathable, quad-lam).

It comes with neoprene warmer cuffs that zip on at the wrists. I like the idea of minimizing heat loss in the wrist area and protecting the wrist seals (or glove wrists) from cuts at the same time.

But, I just put my Kubi dry glove rings on the suit and I hope I am missing something, because I don't see how it is practical to use the Kubi gloves and the neo cuffs together.

From what I could determine when trying it, I needed to peel the cuffs back to fully expose the rings. Then put the gloves on and press the glove and wrist rings together.

Then I would need to peel the neo cuffs back down, over the dry glove rings. I tried it. Peeling the cuff down, using my bare (other) hand was a royal pain. I'm sure I could have eventually gotten it, but I actually just gave up and took the neo cuffs off. I was imagining getting them on then having to try and peel the cuff back over the rings in the other direction to get my dry gloves off.

Am I missing something?

Is there some even semi-convenient way to do this where I can use my dry gloves and the neo warmer cuffs at the same time?

It doesn't seem like these neo cuffs would be friendly to any dry glove ring system, Kubi or other.

Thanks.

ps. My Kubi rings are the 80mm size, which is the smallest they sell (or were the smallest - they may have smaller now, but they go up to 90mm or 100mm).

They really serve no purpose other than to protect the wrist seals. They couldn't provide any warmth and they are in the way of dry gloves. I replaced my wrist seals with Diving Concepts rings and removed the cuffs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom