Waterproof nord x undersuit (300g) - water temperature range

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quinten Bart

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently bought a drysuit and I am currently looking into buying my first undersuit. I came across the waterproof nord x (300g) and thought it was reasonably priced. However, I can't seem to find any good reviews/information about the 300g version of the suit. I was wondering if anybody has already tried the suit and could maybe give an indication on the water temperatures the suit is capable of diving. Fyi, I am looking to dive in water temperatures ranging from 5C to 20C.

Thank you in advance.

I recently took delivery of a 250g undersuit from SeaSkin. As with their drysuits, it is completely custom and made to measure. Excellent quality and workmanship throughout. Since those silly Brits left the EU, you can get it without paying VAT

I recently took delivery of a 250g undersuit from SeaSkin. As with their drysuits, it is completely custom and made to measure. Excellent quality and workmanship throughout. Since those silly Brits left the EU, you can get it without paying VAT
Have you done any dives in it already? If so, what did you think of it?

Have you done any dives in it already? If so, what did you think of it?
Unfortunately no. I'm hiding from the darkness and rain (now snow and freezing cold) that is Portland, OR this time of year and won't be back until late March. A downside to this is I didn't schlep my diving gear to Portugal. I did try on the jammies before I left and the fit and the cut of the suit are excellent. I wish I had a picture to share with you. I paid £133 for the undersuit, shipping was rather expensive for me but should be very reasonable for you

5-20°C is a wide range. Most people will end up with multiple undersuits for different temperatures. Personal tolerance is another factor. Right now it is winter and I can watch people walking around looking like they are ready for a long day on the ski slopes and right next to them is someone in shorts and a T-shirt.

The 300 will be good for somewhere in the middle to the cold range of what you are looking to dive. Probably too warm for the 20°C waters.

5-20°C is a wide range. Most people will end up with multiple undersuits for different temperatures. Personal tolerance is another factor. Right now it is winter and I can watch people walking around looking like they are ready for a long day on the ski slopes and right next to them is someone in shorts and a T-shirt.

The 300 will be good for somewhere in the middle to the cold range of what you are looking to dive. Probably too warm for the 20°C waters.
Would you say that if I bought a fleece mid layer suit and used it for the colder temperatures under the nord x 300. Then for the warmer temperatures use only the fleece suit, of course all with a base layer, that that would be enough?

Unfortunately no. I'm hiding from the darkness and rain (now snow and freezing cold) that is Portland, OR this time of year and won't be back until late March. A downside to this is I didn't schlep my diving gear to Portugal. I did try on the jammies before I left and the fit and the cut of the suit are excellent. I wish I had a picture to share with you. I paid £133 for the undersuit, shipping was rather expensive for me but should be very reasonable for you
Thank you! I’ll look into the suit. :)

I think this is good down to about 12 degrees Celsius. Colder than that and you want a 400gsm thinsulate or equivalent suit. I dove the seaskin 250 in around 20 degrees water and it was cozy HOWEVER this was the safety stop/shallow water portion after around 30 minutes at 8 degrees Celsius.

Either way, for warmer temperatures you can probably just dive with a good thermal layer and some non diving fleece clothing from an outdoor outlet store.

Poly fleece is good
Cotton fleece is bad.
No cotton inside a drysuit (OK, I cheat a little, I still run cotton undies sometimes. A little cotton around my crotch won't matter)

Back
Top Bottom