Waterproof Santi Or Ursuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What made you go with Santi? Do you have experience with other suits?
I have a bare tech dry. The pockets fell off (well, if I didn't pay Steve Gamble to properly attach them after sending it back to Bare and they not properly fixing the glue they would have fallen off) as Bare thinks latex glue is the right glue for pockets. Umm, you are supposed to remove and replace seals... The exhaust valve also is in the wrong place unless you dive looking up at the surface.

So I bought a Santi in October as my primary suit. I couldn't find anyone how both knew what they were doing and wanted to sell me a DUI so I didn't seriously look at a FLX extreme, as that is the other suit that pretty much universally gets great reviews.

What made you go with Santi? Do you have experience with other suits?
I have experience with a few other suits, yes. I went with the Santi because it was ex-display and only half price, so I couldn't resist really. But Santi was also on my short-list of suits to consider (Otter and Seaskin were the other 2). I know people who have Ursuits, and I don't rate them highly. A friend has a MtM that certainly wasn't made for her. And I've seen a few waterproofs around, but not too impressed.

A friend has a MtM that certainly wasn't made for her. And I've seen a few waterproofs around, but not too impressed.
That's why I still say the dealer is the most important part of buying a new dry suit. They should know how to measure you and be more than willing to deal with manufacturing errors. And these do happen more often than they should. The dealer can and should keep sending it back until it fits like it is supposed to.

Dealers that sell a lot of that manufacturers suits and have a track record of satisfying customers are who you should be dealing with for a trilam suit. Even if they are located inconvenient and/or not the most aggressive on price.

That's why I still say the dealer is the most important part of buying a new dry suit. They should know how to measure you and be more than willing to deal with manufacturing errors. And these do happen more often than they should. The dealer can and should keep sending it back until it fits like it is supposed to.

Dealers that sell a lot of that manufacturers suits and have a track record of satisfying customers are who you should be dealing with for a trilam suit. Even if they are located inconvenient and/or not the most aggressive on price.

She was measured by the owner

If the owner of the drysuit company measures you and they can't produce a good fit then that's pretty damning of the quality of the company and you choose poorly with your drysuit choice. That's why I also pay for my drysuits with Amex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom