Welcome to the Pacific Northwest Orca Bait forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beach Bum k10 once bubbled...
where does Pacific Northwest cover, exactly?
Well.... I guess that depends upon your frame of reference.

I figured the center the PNW would be right about the middle of Q-dock at the Port of Everett and extending outward to encompass the whole world.

Of course folks who live closest to the epicenter (to use a PNW term) would probably have the most opportunity to meet and dive together... but the whole world is welcome to the forum.

Fact is... folks come here from all over to chum for Orca by diving with us.

...two finned legs extending out of a leaping Orca's mouth... and on one fin an octopus is hanging on for dear life while the other leg sports a Wolf Eel.

Now... where to put the geoduck. :wink:

konohiki once bubbled...
OK, so we are ORCA BAIT, I just hope I don't become Orca Bait!

Like it or not, you're already ORCA BAIT every time you dive around here. What you really don't want to become is ORCA POOP. :)

Orcas schmorcas......Wait a second...the centre of the Pacific North West is in CANADA...Washington and Oregon are just crowded southern satellite communities that wish they would...also all the Orca’s are in Canada...so the key geographical concept here is CANADA.

And in Canada the most mysterious and elusive, but graceful and enchanting and whispered about pelagic creature...is the Great Saltwater Beaver...or ‘GSB’.

Even the Orca fears the GSB, everyone fears the GSB. Cuz the GSB is the meanest mutha in the valley. Here in Canada...we sacrifice virgins every year to the GSB...but the GSB is not naturally, in it’s own habitat...a voracious carnivore, top predator and pinnacle of the food chain. The GSB actually, except for sporadic yearly virginavorism, a herbivore. Thats right, it doesn’t even eat fish...it eats driftwood. In fact if it wasn’t for the GSB, the entire coastline of the PNW would be littered with matted driftwood for miles out to sea. Charters would have to go severe offshore to get in a decent diving if it wasn’t for the GSB. We divers owe a lot to the GSB.

But the main thing...is the sheer elusiveness of the GSB. This thing is the ninja of the animal kingdom. It makes the sasquatch look like a central park flasher. The sheer mysterioso of the creature just adds to it’s mojo...it is a thing of great puissance.

So i think the logo should be of a Great Saltwater Beaver jumping on the throat of an Orca and snapping it like a cajun spice chickenwing.

What else could convey, or represent the enviromental stewardship ethos, crossed with the ‘don’t tread on me’ Orca-spanking majesty that represents the great PNW like the GSB?

You have a point... perhaps someday you will have your own
BC Beaver Bait forum... but as everyone knows
The geographical center of the PNW
Is on Q dock at the P.O.E.
Uncle Pug the boat!
It is green and
White and
Dives 6
Or 4
:D

The nickname just give everyone something to call you. Pacific Northwestern Divers or PND's don't quit have the same ring as Orca Baits or Orca Baiters.

I automatically think of Wolf Eels when i think of ya'lls area but an Orca would be perfect...and they are cool, too!

But who am I to talk? The Southern Swampers had an iguana for a mascot that died about a week later. We think the excitement was too much for Pancho.

BTW....Congratulations and Welcome to NDI!

Oh Pretenders and usurpers!
The Q dock at the P.O.E.
Is the nest of dark strategems
And locus of international conspiracy.
Beware the avenging GSB!

Uncle Pugs boat.
although commodious
and coveting green.
Flys the flag.
Of geographical Piracy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back