Wetsuit for a fat guy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO, Liquid Fit, is the very best custom wetsuit company to deal with. Their superstretch material is absolutely perfect for the "fat guy." They also have one of the very best policies out there. If you should lose a few lbs., they will alter your suit once for free. I love the superstretch material. It is so flexable and has been extremely durable. It has also proven to be quite warm at depth. I opted for the extended zipers and boy, boy, boy are they super nice. They also have some of the nicest colors.....not your run of the mill colors.

Hyper stretch looses thermal protection! Just buy a custom wetsuit! Like everyone is saying they don't cost that much more. Im 6'4 with a 52" chest, I have a very long body and short legs. There is no way in hell I fit into a stock wetsuit. I had mine custom made, thight pocket, ankle zippers (size 16 feet! but why didn't I get wrist zippers?) custom hood(thick neck, my XXL dui hood is tight!) in my choice of colors made in about a week for... I want to say just under $400. When Im on the boat and watching everyone stretch into their wetsuit, and they see me just reach behind and pull up the zipper like its nothing... it makes it all worth wile! Oh yeah, and no water leakage!!!!

Back
Top Bottom