Wetsuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twoblues

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a new Henderson Thermoprene backzip 3mm jumpsuit and can't seem to start the zipper closing by myself! Am I missing a technique?
Mike

Ask your dive buddy to zip you, that's my technique lol.

Some wetsuits zip up easier than others. Just a fact of life. Not sure what you mean by "start the zipper closing," but try this: Pinch and pull down hard at the bottom of the zip so that the zipper tracks are close together and more parallel. Then with your other hand, pull up the zipper. Make sure you're standing up straight and your shoulder blades are pulled back so that the zipper tracks remain somewhat parallel and the zipper does not snag on the seal. Exhibit A:
closing_zipper.gif

If nothing's working, you may just have to live with asking someone to zip you. A lot of people do it that way. I own a back-zip Scubapro 7mm and it's virtually impossible for me to zip myself.

Last edited:
Try bending forward to stretch the suit. That tightens the zipper and allows it to be pulled by the ribbon much easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom