Wetsuits for short people

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5'7".. 5'3".. gah.. my wife has no hope if you guys/gals can't get a wetsuit to fit. She's 4'11" and her current suit from Camaro fits okay but bunches up at her ankles a lot. She usually ends up leaving the velcro undone down there and just pushing the extra really far down her booties. I cut about an inch off of the arms since they didn't have velcro/zippers and that helped a bit.

I'm dreading trying to find something for our trip to Catalina Is. in April since the water temps will be 10-15 degrees cooler than what we're used to.

5'7".. 5'3".. gah.. my wife has no hope if you guys/gals can't get a wetsuit to fit. She's 4'11" and her current suit from Camaro fits okay but bunches up at her ankles a lot. She usually ends up leaving the velcro undone down there and just pushing the extra really far down her booties.
I'm dreading trying to find something for our trip to Catalina Is. in April since the water temps will be 10-15 degrees cooler than what we're used to.
I'm 5'2" and I have a Deep See child's large wetsuit that fits great! The women's sizes are too big and I didn't really realize how much so until I got one that fit right. I was actually warm! It was also quite a bit cheaper than the adult sizes and it's a 6/5/4 instead of just a 5 mil, so a little warmer, too. I love mine.

Thirteen years later and this is STILL a major issue. Wetsuit manufacturer’s haven’t done a thing to address this issue. They’ve got no idea just how annoying this is. One of the worst offenders is Waterproof. They make some amazing suits, but they’ll only fit if you happen to be within their extremely limited size range. And that size range isn’t very realistic. I was extremely interested in buying their D1 Hybrid drysuit. That suit requires a nearly perfect fit. However, even though they’ve finally expanded their size charts, they still haven’t figured out that there’s people that are under 5’5” tall. That’s the minimum size requirement for their size 3XS. And to fit in that suit, your chest is supposed to be only 33”. I really want to see someone that’s 5’5” with ONLY a 33” chest. The shape of such a body would practically be concave. WATERPROOF...HOW ABOUT FITTING PEOPLE THAT ARE 5K TO 5’5” AS WELL? Or offer up custom sized suits. Because if I’m dropping over $3000 on a drysuit, I should be getting a perfect fit for that kind of money. The same also applies to your wetsuits.

Thirteen years later and this is STILL a major issue. Wetsuit manufacturer’s haven’t done a thing to address this issue. They’ve got no idea just how annoying this is. One of the worst offenders is Waterproof. They make some amazing suits, but they’ll only fit if you happen to be within their extremely limited size range. And that size range isn’t very realistic. I was extremely interested in buying their D1 Hybrid drysuit. That suit requires a nearly perfect fit. However, even though they’ve finally expanded their size charts, they still haven’t figured out that there’s people that are under 5’5” tall. That’s the minimum size requirement for their size 3XS. And to fit in that suit, your chest is supposed to be only 33”. I really want to see someone that’s 5’5” with ONLY a 33” chest. The shape of such a body would practically be concave. WATERPROOF...HOW ABOUT FITTING PEOPLE THAT ARE 5K TO 5’5” AS WELL? Or offer up custom sized suits. Because if I’m dropping over $3000 on a drysuit, I should be getting a perfect fit for that kind of money. The same also applies to your wetsuits.

I would’ve spent a significant amount of money purchasing multiple suits from you by now if they would actually fit. Instead I’ve been forced to buy from other manufacturers, and yet, I STILL WANT TO PURCHASE YOUR D-1 HYBRID DRYSUIT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom