What are Your Favorite Side Mount Tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use aluminum 80's, with 3lb wt on cam-band at bottom, to take care of light bottom 1/2 of tank.
and a alum 40 w/50EAN deco tank when required.
I'm not typical though with knee replacement, separated clavicle & arthritic hip .
Primary wreck diving in St Lawrence/Kingston, Ontario area.

Stoo I think you'll like it. Having 1st stages easily accessed, clipping the tanks off on a line for exiting onto the RIB...
Let's go do the Forest City as a shake out dive ;-)
Ya, although it's pretty simple dumping the twins... at least they float. The only reason I have the foggiest interest in SM is for exactly the reason you mention... access to valves.

And yes, the FC is an ideal location! I just posted this in Wetpixel! ;-)

Attachments

• FC Port Quarter Shirky Final © DSC_2509.jpg
    FC Port Quarter Shirky Final © DSC_2509.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 84
I'm not typical though with knee replacement, separated clavicle & arthritic hip .

So Mike, are you saying you're a Wrecked Diver? :p

I normally use worthington LP108's because I've got those and al80's and the 80's just don't have enough gas for my liking. I have borrowed some faber lp95's once and liked those. I've been contemplating buying some ever since.

Sidemount fpto.jpg
I have 7L 300Bar Worthy Carbon steel, a lot less weight and a lot more compact a little less volume than the 80cf, but a lot more generous to your back not so much to your bank.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom