What can you do on a single breath of air? Freediving Classes - Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RevolutionFD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Everyone:

What can you do on a single breath of of air?

Learn to freedive safely with Revolution Freediving and greater Philadelphia's only Performance Freediving International (PFI) certified Freediving instructor. Extensive full weekend course comprised of classroom lectures (~5 hrs), pool (~4 hrs) and open water sessions (~4 hrs).

The PFI Freediver course teaches fundamental Freediving techniques for comfortable enjoyment in the aquatic world to depths to 20m / 66ft. You will also practice basic level Static Apnea (timed breath hold) and Dynamic Apnea (diving for distance in a pool) to help develop your breath-holding abilities and in-water comfort.

Learn at your own pace with an experienced instructor following students at arm's length on every dive. No prior experience required. Small classes of no more than 5 students per instructor.

Course Schedule:

July 12-13 Philadelphia / Dutch Springs

Aug 2-3 Philadelphia / Dutch Springs

Aug 9-10 St. Croix, USVI

Sept 6-7 Philadelphia / Dutch Springs

Safe diving,
Rik

More info on my website: Revolution Freediving - Home

Check out class pictures on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/revolutionfreediving

vlcsnap-2013-07-15-19h11m16s133.jpgIMG_20130720_220223.jpgIMG_20130721_201523.jpg

Are you planning on any maybe October classes at Dutch Springs? My August is booked with being in OBX for a vacation and the Deep and Wreck certifications in September. I've been interested in a freediving course for a while for gaining better breathing habits for regular diving, as well as potentially some spearfishing near the CBBT area. If I can't make it work this year, I'll definitely take it next spring.

Updated schedule:

Aug 30-31, St. Croix, USVI

Sept 6-7 Dutch Springs - only 3 spots left

Sept 27-28 Dutch Springs

Note that the correct date for the next freediving clinic at Dutch Springs is the weekend of Sept 20-21.

Congrats to our newly minted freedivers!
IMG_20140922_114126.jpg

As you can see in the pic below, conditions were a bit rough, but everyone persevered.

Several new personal bests with breath holds ranging from 2:40-3:00 minutes and dives in the 50 - 66 ft range.

The last PFI Freediver Class with Revolution Freediving at Dutch Springs is set for October 4/5. Still spots open.

IMG_20140923_075906.jpg

Back
Top Bottom