What does your C-Card look like

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the standard SSI card that says "SSI Open Water Diver" and has a picture of two divers on it. Can't post a pic right now.

Question/thoughts about the Padi Card.

They print information on the back of the card, but:

• They don't actually print your certificaiton level on the back of the card where all your other information is located? huh? does it not make sense to put it on there so you could make a xerox copy of your card to keep in your log book, etc?
  • why can't they print more than one cert on the card? (Yeah I know they finallly started putting Nitrox on there, but that was just this past year). They should be able to print all the certifications you've gotten from them the back of the card.
    For example Nitrox, Deep Diver, etc. you sholdn't have to carry several cards with you.

No shot of the front of this but it was pretty basic back then. The fancy part was the photo id.

My original YMCA paper card has long since been totally disolved by multiple immersions in the Gulf. Now I have a stack of pretty plastic cards from NAUI, SSI, TDI, IANTD, NACD, NASDS, and even PADI. I have a few paper ones from IANTD and NSS/CDS too :)
Rick

TCDiver1:
No shot of the front of this but it was pretty basic back then. The fancy part was the photo id.
What agency is that, Jon? It looks military!

Zeeman:
****ing terrible. It's a blurry out of focus photo of me, and I am wearing a bright red shirt, which makes the whole thing look even worse.

I'm doing my Rescue Course solely to get a new photo. And if that photo sucks, it's good to know I have "Master Scuba Diver" to shoot for as a backup...

Z..

You know, it would be a lot cheaper to just go to a professional photographer if it's a pretty picture your looking for. :)

KrisB:
What agency is that, Jon? It looks military!

Walters right, it is a PADI Basic Open Water card. The picture is from my military days and was sent in as a joke. I didn't think PADI would accept it but they did. I know they wouldn't accept it today. Pics today need to be of passport size and orientation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom