What is required to become an Advanced Open Water Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lost Yooper derived from my families hunting and fishing organization called the H.L.D.H.A. -- Hopelessly Lost Deer Hunters Association. We're just a bunch of jokers who get together and have fun in the outdoors.

As far as the issue at hand, I think we agree much more than we disagree.

Mike

Six dives after OW cert I am now a PADI AOW. Like you I d'int fell like an advanced diver but I feel a lot more confident, know more, have experieced conditions that other "more experienced " divers have not.
Also I have realised that you are only advanced in relation to the diving conditions you are experienced in. For example the toughest diving in the Caribbean is in Trinidad, with iso therms and low vis, fast currents etc. This is more advanced diving than in the calm good vis waters of most Caribbean islands. Also warm and cold water diving are completely different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom