What is your favorite shark and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nurse sharks! Gota love a blind shark.. its got built in handicapped parking permit but never complains that it needs a special spot on the reef.. just gets along all on its own! :D

Actually, I didn't watch most of shark week, because all the programs were the same, but you can pick up a tidbit or two. :)

BTW, I forgot another thing about makos: They have really cool teeth, although I do prefer the teeth of the extinct makos.

BIGG_BUDD:
I see somebody else watched shark week...

Bowmouth:
I would LOVE to see a tiger shark under water and although I'm sure it would scare the heck out of me it would be an awsome experience as well.
Then again, bull sharks are high up on my favorite shark list as well but I've seen those already.
I really like BIG and mean-looking sharks.

The tiger is high on my list.
I still wonder what my reaction would be if I were to come face to face with one.

Like snakes, I have a genetic (OK trained) fear of sharks. Some days I wish I had never watched Jaws.

The Megladon, although extinct, would be something to see. Can you imagine seeing one in the water? You have to respect anything live or dead that could eat you in one bite.

I like any shark that I can swim with without losing extremities. Scalloped hammerheads, gray reef sharks, and silvertips look cool and fit the previous requirement. While I have never seen any of those species in the wild, I hope to eventually.

All of 'em. They're all cool. I'd like to dive with as many of them as possible, albeit with some I will opt for a cage.

Bubble Junky:
I wanna dive with blue sharks. Very sleek, cool looking sharks !

yes, probably the sexiest shark.

I must say, mine is the Galapagos just because they look like the big man on campus. They carry themselves with authority and seem to have clear intention in their movements. I like their deep-chested "shark on steroids" look because it gets your attention.

Oceanic Whitetip... they eat dolphins! Take that Flipper!
oceanic.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom