What to do

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narked_Muffin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Quick question to see what other divers would do in this situation.

Was cave diving today and when me and my buddy turned up on site there was already a couple of groups around, some heading in and some heading out.

We noticed a deco stage laying on the shore and assumed it belonged to one of these groups, but me and my buddy were the last people out and everyone else had packed up and left by then, no one around and no cars parked up anywhere, yet the lone deco stage was still sat on the shore with reg still attached...

I was hesitant to collect it and leave a note with my number somewhere visible as I was sure there was no one else around, but decided to leave it just in case...

Just wondering how others might have acted in this situation if you're 99.99% sure there is no one else around...

Good outcomes require good people, like you. Part of you says “they’ll be back for it so just leave it”. The other side says “if I leave it then the next not-so-honest person will take it”. Maybe I’m naive, but I have faith in the good nature of people and would trust in a good outcome by leaving it.

Reactions: Zef
I'd drop it off at the nearest dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom