Whatever happened with "Drifting Dan?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For those of you in SoCal -- what happened to this lawsuit? As I recall it was set for trial in June in L.A. but I can't find any Google reference since the court decision in March allowing the trial to be held.

I'm assuming things settled, but, do any of you know what actually happened to the lawsuit?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Yep, I had no luck either finding anything. I doubt this will end up on court. It has settlement written all over it. A settlement wouldn't make much of a wake in the news business but I'm curious too. The Sun Diver's website is still up and going strong.

Is this in the Central District?

I wonder if I have any remaining Pacer credits...

I have no idea which district it was sheduled in. Perhaps by looking up the LATimes article (which I believe included the judge's name) you could find that out.

I have a vague recollection that the trial actually started but, again, I've just assumed it ended up settling -- but I am curious.

Key word search yielded no new information:

Daniel E. Carlock Jr.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Edward A. Ferns
Sundiver Charters
Ocean Adventures Dive Company
Dan's lawyer, Scott P. Koepke

What was the story?

Talking about a slam-dunk case. No Coast Gaurd alert? Knuckle-heads...I guess those darn roll-calls just take up too much time. :shakehead:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom