What's In/on Your Bc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

outofofficebrb

HARRO HUNNAYYY
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, all.

I'm curious what everyone has clipped onto, zip-tied to, or in their BC. Go! :)

Me so far: dive light on a retractor, SPG on a retractor, DAN insurance info, allergies and emergency contact on a dog tag.

Planned: SMB/reel. I also decided not to go with an Air Source for my BC and am going by way of a traditional octo. What do you recommend to keep it handy and in control? Thanks and looking forward to everyone's answers!

Snorkel, thumb spool, DSMB, light on retractor, gloves if diving warm water.

SMB+spool, knife, scissors, canister from main light, backup light. Sometimes i also hang a big reel, a hammer, a camera, or the compass when needed. Also have spare mask in my drysuit pocket.

For your secondary air source, i am in the long hose camp, and i enjoy this for many years. My advice would be to give it a try, it is very nice.

For traditional octo I would clip that kind of rubber ball into which you put the mouthpiece on a d-ring that would keep the hose as streamlined as possible. It's nice that it keeps the mouthpiece protected, so it will not get dirt inside.

Mostly garbage I find on the bottom of the sea. :( The worst was New Year's morning off the coast of Grand Cayman's Seven Mile Beach after the fireworks the previous night. Please don't release Chinese lanterns. They just end up on the reef.

As for stuff I bring: SMB + spool, trilobite cutter, light(s), and snorkel (depending upon location). I also just picked up a wet notes notebook.

The other thing I might consider but don't own yet is a Nautilus Lifeline.

Reactions: DDI
Backup light on shoulder D-ring and bungeed to the shoulder strap, extra double-ender on shoulder D-ring, small knife on waistband, hose AI computer on left hip D-ring, camera tether clipped to left hip D-ring. That's it. I don't like to look like a Christmas tree.

I have my compass in a bungee mount on my forearm, a slate on the other forearm, my primary light (on a soft Goodman type handle) on my left hand and the other stuff (typically a rollup snorkel and a dSMB rigged with a spool) in my thigh pocket. And I'm in the long hose camp, too.

2x back-up torches on left and right shoulder d-ring, couple of spare bolt snaps, canister torch, knife and my spg on my left d ring. everything else goes into my drysuit pockets

When in my Jacket BCD - light, spare mask and snorkel in right pocket. Smb & reel, ezy cutter, another reel, sometimes que cards and additional weight to hand off in the left. Titanium knife mounted on the the outside of the left pocket. Spg through the octo hole on the left and clipped off to the left d-ring. When in a harness, spg clipped on the left d-ring, knife on the waste strap, light clipped to right shoulder d-ring and smb & reel with a spare reel clipped to the bum d-ring. No weight carried to dish off.

Clipped off on shoulder strap D-rings: Primary light and 2 back-ups.
On waist band D-ring: DSMB and reel, and I clip my SPG off there as well.
On the harness: Knife and torch canister.
In drysuit pockets: Spare mask, folding snorkel and magnifying glass (to look as squidgy stuff easily) in 1 pocket. Back-up DSMB and spool in another pocket.

I have a another couple of cutting devices on both wrists, attached to a computer and a compass bungeee straps.

I sometime take down other miscellaneous nonsense in the pockets, mainly because I'm forgetful. (I put it there earlier and forgot about it.) This is most typically Jollop to help getting into the drysuit.

Reactions: DDI
SPG clipped on my left hip d-ring, rattle and fin strap on my left shoulder d-ring and light on my right hip d-ring (if I'm not wearing shorts with pockets over my wetsuit)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom