What's the coldest water temp you will wetsuit in??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done 45 in a 2 piece 7mm, and was cold but could tolerate it.

Since buying my drysuit, I don't have much opportunity to test this since I will use my drysuit for pretty much anything under 60...Coldest I have done since getting my drysuit is 65 in Brazil with a 5mm and could feel the cold obviously, but was comfortable.

I'm a warm water wussie... 45 F is my very minimum in a 7mm full wetsuit. One of my professors as an undergrad dove Antarctica in a wetsuit during the International Geophysical Year (1957), but his was about 13mm if I remember correctly.

I used to be okay in a 3mm down to about 73F... Then I learned how to slow down and stop while diving. Needless to say, I feel the cold a hell of a lot easier (as does diving in the UK). If water temp is in the 70s, I'll most likely wear my 5mm, below that, drysuit

If it too cold for an 1/8 inch suit, I dive dry. Further, if it is below 65 F I will dive with dry gloves. I really don't like diving cold.

Dale

41 degrees for 90 minutes in a rented 7mm farmer john. An hour in 55 degree water at 120 ffw in a 3mm. (No gloves or hood.)
Yes, I am hot natured.

I'm a warm water wussie... 45 F is my very minimum in a 7mm full wetsuit. One of my professors as an undergrad dove Antarctica in a wetsuit during the International Geophysical Year (1957), but his was about 13mm if I remember correctly.
Jim Stewart told me that they used 3/8" farmer john suits w/ attached hood, 3 finger mitts that came to the elbow and 3/8" neoprene knee socks for Antarctica.

40 degree north atlantic, use a 7mm henderson S/D chest zip, integrated hood, 7mm boots, 5mm gloves

Did a dive in 33° f Sunday and my buddy dove wet 7mm with hood I dove dry with my halo undergarment I was warm and dry he was wet and cold like can't feel my feet hands or face cold lol so needles to say we had to go have a couple shots of brandi after ....so I guess diving wet has some advantages. ;-)

21°C
I did my OW in 11°C and decided after that was the last time I was going to sit down to p for two days

Back
Top Bottom