Where are your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hitch_cover.jpg

This isn't a photo of me, it's taken off a website... but this is what I use. It's AWESOME... it's called a hitch safe and works perfect if you have a truck or a car with a standard trailer hitch.

Hitch Safe, Key Storage Hitches, Hide Car Key, Auto Key Safe, Trailer Hitch Covers, Receivers

Any idea what the cost is on that? I hate "hiding" my key.

My car has remote central locking/immobiliser so needed to find a solution to leaving the key behind.

Have gotten a blank blade cut which allows me to unlock the car (to get the main key which has been hidden within the car). So long as I reset the central locking with the remote within 20 secs or so, I am fine.

Cost £15 and a bit of cave line to hang it on inside my wetsuit.

I drive a ford so i have a keyless entry

I leave my keys in the motor. I like to also leave my wallet on the dashboard as bait. You see in the back of the van is a 60kg german shepherd rottweiler cross who loves to meet new friends and give them a welcoming nibble. Been doing this for over ten years and never lost my keys

I leave my keys in the motor. I like to also leave my wallet on the dashboard as bait. You see in the back of the van is a 60kg german shepherd rottweiler cross who loves to meet new friends and give them a welcoming nibble. Been doing this for over ten years and never lost my keys
You will do anything to save on dog food don't you.

When i go shore diving, i have to tuck my car key somewhere safe. I usually take the key off the key ring and put it in the key holder provided behind my wetsuit.

but out of curiosity, those who do majority of diving via shore, where do you put your car keys? and especially for those that have the new electronic keys (mercedes and etc.), where do you put your key? i'm sure no one here goes diving with electronic keyless entry remote...right?

who hides their keys in the tire hub cap? or anywhere near the car, for that matter?

thanks for responding...i was just wondering how i should better store my keys.
My key is a valet key that I put onto a special strap on my BC (I have my own design of BC). So it goes diving with me.

At times, I have taken an electronic key, but when I did I put it into a water-tight red plastic container made for that (available at the LDS), and attached it to the dive flag of my float. My float at that time had a rigid system that formed a "D" over the float, and I attached the container so that it dangled above the float. That way, I knew my key would stay dry even if it went through some waves (which it did).

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom