Where best to shop online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are lots of good outlets but my favorite is in your backyard. Dive gear express (DGX)

dive gear express, piranha dive mfg, northeast scuba supply, dive right in scuba, scubatoys

all places i have ordered from

eBay and Craigslist mostly

but also Beaver Divers, DSS, dive gear express

ETA: Scubaboard classifieds :wink:

If you know what you are doing, there are great bargains on ebay.

For our PSD gear, American Diving Supply and Dive Right In Scuba. We get to use our PSD gear for rec dives to get us to spend more time in the water, so there's personalized stuff in addition to it. I've recently used DGX, Piranha, LeisurePro. Via eBay I've recently used getwetstore and piratediverscuba.

A second for Dive Gear Express. I have always had great service from them. Another shop I had hade good luck with is Dive Right In Scuba.

Divegear Express for the essentials. Dive Right in Scuba for a wider selection of Items I can't find on DGX. Only complaint about DRIS is that their website does not reflect out of stock items.

I have had nothing but great experiences spending thousands for my diving family with leisure pro. They are also local for me and I buy online and in the store.

I have also spend lots of money with divegearexpress (DGX) starting in their DiveRiteExpress days. I really like them for basics and a great selection of "techier" gear. They also give good advice. One warning: Be careful with returns. I returned 3 orders within a year: a light that I returned within a day because my cave instructor advised against it, a BC for one of our boys because even the XXS size was too big, and three or four hoses I had ordered before a trip that arrived too late so I had to buy them last minute elsewhere. All items were unused in original packaging with labels etc. They put me on some black list and refused to sell me anything since. The person I talked to to find out why they declined my order was very nice and apologetic but could not help me. They also made me pay for the return of the BCs although their website states in big letters "free returns". Strange behavior for an online business. Anyway, as you can tell they have a huge fan base here and their policies may have changed. This was four years ago or so. The policy is obviously idiotic and is easily circumvented. I have continued to buy there under different names (wife, colleagues) and have spent $2k-3k with them without any other issues. I also have sent a number of my buddies their way. If I can find the same item somewhere else for about the same price I avoid them because of my experience but they just can't be beat for certain items. Their selection is not that broad but well thought out.

Back
Top Bottom