Where to buy unscented Talcum / Talc powder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taat2d,
LEISURE PRO - where else? Hahaha.

I got mine from LP..think its $6 for a a bottle about the same size as cooking spices come in...

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
Taat2d,
LEISURE PRO - where else? Hahaha.

I got mine from LP..think its $6 for a a bottle about the same size as cooking spices come in...

I buy it in bulk from a tire shop. If anyone can't get it give me a yell. If I sold it for $6 for a spice bottle full I could retire in no time. hehehehe

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
An alternative is KY jelly or the silicon seal saver stuff you can get at any dive shop.

I use a small dab of KY and it avoids the huge mess that talc creates when it gets wet.

I wouldn't use Seal Saver...I have yet to hear anyone say anything good about that stuff.

King Kong Matt once bubbled...
I use a small dab of KY and it avoids the huge mess that talc creates when it gets wet.

And you get to have fun at the drugstore.

"I'd like your LARGEST bottle of KY jelly, please"

or....if it's on the shelf

Walk up to the little old lady at the counter, slam the KY jelly down in front of her, stare straight at her and smile....either that or say, "Yup...it's gonna be a goooood night now!"

I wouldn't use Seal Saver...I have yet to hear anyone say anything good about that stuff.

What's the problem with it? I have a bottle and it seems to work fine.

I'm not talking about talc for donning. I meant for storage. After trying both talc and liquid soap, I prefer to use the talc it's alot less messy.

taat2d once bubbled...
I'm not talking about talc for donning. I meant for storage. After trying both talc and liquid soap, I prefer to use the talc it's alot less messy.

I just hang my suit up...I'm not sure how talc would help.

King Kong Matt once bubbled...

I just hang my suit up...I'm not sure how talc would help.

When I took my dry suit class the instructor told me that when you store your suit you're supposed to brush all latex seals with talc to preserve them from drying out and cracking.

taat2d once bubbled...
When I took my dry suit class the instructor told me that when you store your suit you're supposed to brush all latex seals with talc to preserve them from drying out and cracking.

I guess it just depends how often you are in your suit...I think Im in my suit enough that I'm not really worried about it at this point.

Maybe I'm wrong...

Back
Top Bottom