Where to buy unscented Talcum / Talc powder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told that after every dive this is the practice. Maybe I'm just being anal?

Yeah tell them it's for your seals:):) they might like to hear about your animal preferences:)
KKM,
If you dive enough and you don't let the seals dry how are they going to dry rot? Right....just a thought:)
Tire talc can be purchased at NAPA in bulk cheap...

Waterlover once bubbled...
Yeah tell them it's for your seals:):) they might like to hear about your animal preferences:)
KKM,
If you dive enough and you don't let the seals dry how are they going to dry rot? Right....just a thought:)
Tire talc can be purchased at NAPA in bulk cheap...

Where is that picture of you in your drysuit? I know I have it lying around here somewhere. Lemme get it in to photoshop and crank down the brightness and then maybe I can post it without blowing up everybody's monitor... :D

Like I say, between training in the pool with my instructor and open water dives on the weekend, I am in my suit at least three times a week. I just can't see how they are going to dry out if they are in the water every other day...

But again, someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Always trying to learn.

kkm

FredT once bubbled...
He has it in bulk and repackaged to "reasonable" size. (50 pounds of talk is a LOT of talc!)

FT

Does he sell it in smaller quantities?

I pick up talc at a billiard store. They charge $6 for 16oz bottle. not nearly the fun of KY, but it works.
Larry

But if the seals do get a chance to dry, and your not diving for a week or 2 it is good to talc them to keep them from sticking together, especially when they get older. I bought 2 pounds of talc at NAPA for $6
KKM,
Please spare everyone eyes with the picture:) it's not a pleasnt sight. hehehe

daylight once bubbled...
I pick up talc at a billiard store. They charge $6 for 16oz bottle. not nearly the fun of KY, but it works.
Larry

Ahhhh...

Never thought about a pool hall.Thanx for the idea. I'll have to check with my local pool hall and see if I can buy from them.

I bought my talc from an online fetish shop! It was really cheap, and the stares from my employees when the package came in were priceless!

Yep, I just bought a fresh barrel not too long ago, I package it up for the local shops, use 12 fl oz. plastic squeeze tubes the size of the ketchup bottles you see in restaurants.
$9.50 for 2 tubes includes Priority Mail shipping. Retails in the shops for $6/tube.
Bottles are reuseable too. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom