Where to Dive in Ireland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an opportunity to travel to Ireland at the end of April next year. Where are the best spots to dive in Ireland and how is the water at that time of year?

You don't mention where you are travelling to in ireland. This would make a difference.

Best diving, visibility-wise, would be from Donegal (N/W) to Cork (S). April can have good vis, esp. the first two weeks. Water temps. average 9/10degs C, about 48/50F. So a good semi-dry is required as a minimum, better still a drysuit.

Dive centres may/may not be open at that time of year. Dive clubs, most of them, dive year-round.

Hope this helps,

Seadeuce

I will be in Castlebar for a non-dive related event mostly. I'm still doing research on other attractions which will determine whether I venture to other areas of the country or not. Since I will be flying in from Canada, I will likely go through London. From there, I will fly into Shannon or Dublin followed by either bus or train to Castlebar. I understand that it's also possible to fly to Knock from London which will shave off some of the commute. Don't know if there's much diving going on at the end of April or beginning of May.

I suppose that at the end of April, a drysuit would be most appropriate for Irish waters?

I live in cork and dive alot of the wrecks in baltimore. i have dived all over the world from barrier reef to caves in florida. There is some great wreck diving over here but visibility can be good or bad some days weather dependant. Summer months are usually good. Not much fish life to see but great diving all the same different from over there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom