Where to get tanks Hydro 'd on the Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha all,
as far as the Big Island, I cannot say enough GOOD about the guys at Sandwich Isle for hydro testing. Their expertise (especially with steel tanks) is a huge improvement to what we had as alternatives.

I strongly recommend Sandwich Isle for hydro testing.
Not a paid endorsement either.:wink:

I know this has been dead for a year, but I thought I would throw some updated prices for Hydros and VIPs on Oahu.
Island Hydrostatics - AL80 Hydro and VIP for $25 + tax each.
Oahu Fire Protection - AL80 Hydro and VIP for @24.95+ tax each.
LDS, somewhere around $40 each.

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to add Oahu's newest hydro facility

Hawaiian Diving Adventures
1215c MooKaula St
Honolulu
(808) 232-3193

As stated in the post right before this, Hawaiian Diving Adventures is now colocated with Amercian Cylinder and Safety. Or shop offers not only Hydro's for your scuba tanks, but also a full range of service for your equipment (both recreation and tech), and training if you are intrested in learning to take care of your tanks better we off the following services:

Hydros - $25 per tank (includes Visual Inspection and if needed Eddy Current test)
Visual Inspection - $10
Cylinder Tumbling - $40
Cylinder 02 Cleaning - $50
Valve 02 Cleaning (includes rebuild with 02 compatable parts) - $40
Manifold 02 Cleaning- $100

Training:
PSI Cylinder Visual Inspector - $295
PSI Cylinder Visual Cylinder Inspector Refresher - $195
PSI Valve Repair Technician - $195
PSI O2 Cylinder Cleaning Techician - $195
PSI Eddy Current Technician - $195

Additioanlly, we almost always have a stock of used tanks and other gear for sale if your looking for some extra gear.

Shop hours are still being ironed out so the best thing to do is call or email and I will happily scheduale at your convience drop off and pickup times.

Myles TenBroeck
American Cylinder and Safety
(808)343-6594
tanktest@gmail.com

Due to a upcoming military move, American Cylinder and Safety is relocating to Little Rock AR. The facility here on Oahu has been bought out by Hawaiian Diving Adventures. The only change is that of ownership, and HDA will continue to offer premium services for your equipment needs to include Hydros and Visual Inspections. They can be reached at (808)232-3193. PSI training/certifcation will still be offered but it will be scheduled around my occasional trips back to the island so please email me if interested.

I wish to thank everyone for their business over the last couple years.

V/R
Myles

Back
Top Bottom