Where to scuba in the caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest that you visit the islands alphabetically.

me thinks Andros comes before that......

but Abaco starts the list...

If they are going in the winter and don't want to wear alot of exposure protection, I would argue that the bahamas are probably not the best choice. ABC islands are probably a good choice for those parameters.

Rent a house on Cayman Brac. Dive the shore, forget the boat dives except for the one to Little Cayman. Zero crime, i never lock anything and have never had a problem. Safest place I have ever been . Diving is as easy as you want or as extreme take your pick. Always warm, even in the winter. Price of trip will be cheap. A grand for a house, 8 dollars a tank and eat what the locals catch. Cheapest vacation in the Caribbean. Beer is expensive at 50 dollars a case, so drink water. The plane fares are even going down. Most beautiful place in the world. I once said it was boring, but it was a selfish way to keep people from the Brac.

Have a safe trip wherever you decide.

Currently chilling out on a house on the Brac. Did one shore dive last year but we are on vacation so we are boat diving with the Scuba Shack and these last few days we are the only ones on the boat. Martin and Liesel as our private DM's... Spoilt rotten!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

me thinks Andros comes before that......

but Abaco starts the list...

Okay, so how's 'bout going North to South, then?

I like Bonaire too, but for a beginner, I just wonder if the unguided shore diving is too intimidating? You can do boat dives there, but from my experience doing them because their is a DM along isn't really helping since my experience was the DM basically were the most hands off I've experienced, they were just in the water.

Love Bonaire from the experience of you can just dip your toes in the diving waters and try things out at your own speed, but just wonder about the intimidation factor.

Bonaire is beautiful. I was charged by an irate Burro, so it may not be the safest. The diving was superb, people were friendly and loved every minute. Good choice. Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom