which computers have user replaceable batteries ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a Cochran Commander which has user replaceable batteries (N-Cell) very easy. As for removing the batteries from the computer, they recommend not to, always keep a good battery in it. You can check the battery voltage on the computer.

firedogut:
Uwatec now offers life time battery replacement. When the battery says 0% (there still a reserve left) you send it off to uwatec and they will replace the battery and recalibrate the computer at no cost. you just have to pay the 5 bucks to ship to them. they pay for the return shipping to you.

Since when? I check with Uwatec dealer last December, and they didn't mention that. Or is it for US only?

On the topic, according to Suunto docs, all the latest mode of Suunto computer has user replaceable battery, except Stinger. And if you have Uwatec Aladin Pro, my friend once replace the battery by himself. According to him it is not that hard, assuming that you have basic skill of electronic.

the dive rite nitek (new style like the nitek 3), nitek 3, and nitek HE all have batteries that take about 5 minutes to change. the battery compt is completly seperate from the computer space, so there is no risk of damage to the computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom