which dry glove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have about 70 dives on mine and no leaks yet. Blue gloves can be bought just about anywhere online for about $5-10.

Pretty sure Boogie is right. Skaana making them for DC.

scubachris82:
Does anybody use the DC crushed neoprene gloves, and if so, do they like them? I know you can buy about 10 pairs of the rubber gloves for the same price. So, I was wondering how long the blue gloves last for most people, and whether it might be useful to look into the crushed neoprene ones.

Chris

My neoprene ones wore out to the point of chasing pinholes after every dive within a year's time. I only had dry hands for the first few months with them. The blue gloves are easier to find leaks in and when they start to disintegrate, they are cheap to replace.

I also thought the compressed neoprene would be more durable, but it isn't.

Viking has a new dryglove system made by Si Tech, they allow the use of all sorts of aftermarket gloves, like the standard blue jobbies & even the $2/pair military surplus chemical protectant gloves.
http://www.scubaboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3980
If you check the classifieds section here, there may be more of a description on them.

Bob, could you post pictures of the Endurotech Dry gloves? The ones on your website are wicked small.

Bob3:
Viking has a new dryglove system made by Si Tech, they allow the use of all sorts of aftermarket gloves, like the standard blue jobbies & even the $2/pair military surplus chemical protectant gloves.
http://www.scubaboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3980
If you check the classifieds section here, there may be more of a description on them.

TinoD'Voe:
could anyone tell me why blue? Where can I buy a black set of gloves?

The military surplus chemical gloves are black, but they aren't as tough as the blue smurf gloves. I believe you can get the 'smurf gloves' in orange also.

I've found it is a *lot* easier to understand hand signals with light colored gloves.

Soggy:
The military surplus chemical gloves are black, but they aren't as tough as the blue smurf gloves. I believe you can get the 'smurf gloves' in orange also.

I've found it is a *lot* easier to understand hand signals with light colored gloves.
The Smurf Gloves are PVC Gloves sold at marine/commercial fishing stores. I think you can get them in Yellow and Orange now as well. I agree with Soggy, since my buddies went to the Blue Gloves, signals are a lot easier to see.

I'm just curious why such ugly colors, is it the type of material they must use? Almost every other item comes in such a wide variety of colors. I'm hoping to find one's in light silver, grey or black. The blue one's look too much like something used in prostate examinations.

TinoD'Voe:
I'm just curious why such ugly colors, is it the type of material they must use? Almost every other item comes in such a wide variety of colors. I'm hoping to find one's in light silver, grey or black. The blue one's look too much like something used in prostate examinations.

They weren't designed to be fashionable nor were they designed for scuba. They are chemical gloves that we have adapted for scuba.

That being said, I never thought of sky blue as an ugly color. :)

Just acquired the DC compressed neoprene gloves, my first dry ones. Never dived in the smurfs, so I don't know how to compare. First dive is Dec 31 [Dutch Springs]. But what I have noticed is that the neoprene gives a little less dexterity than my 5mm Henderson hyperstretches. That's fine. My concern, though, is that their seams are glued together like in a drysuit, and the glue is pretty stiff. Practicing with my reel blindfolded in my bedroom (don't you do that when you're alone?) I've found it hard to get a good tactile feel for tie-offs.
Soggy, would you mind comparing their DEX to the smurfs and others?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom