which dry glove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one mentioned the OS Systems gloves. How do they compare to DC and others?

Paco:
No one mentioned the OS Systems gloves. How do they compare to DC and others?

With regard to commercially sold dry gloves, there are pretty much two kinds....smurf gloves and the Diving Concept compressed neoprene ones. I think OS Systems sells the smurf gloves.

tohn:
Soggy, would you mind comparing their DEX to the smurfs and others?

I have found that the blue gloves have slightly better dexterity than the compressed neoprene gloves and a lot better dexterity than 7mm wetsuit gloves.

Dry-land tests don't really do justice because underwater they compress to your body quite well.

Soggy:
Bob, could you post pictures of the Endurotech Dry gloves? The ones on your website are wicked small.
How's this? http://www.angelfire.com/ca/divers3/images/endurotechgloves.gif
Where can I buy a black set of gloves?
Ahhh, you didn't look at the link I posted of the Viking/Si Tech glove kits. :wink:
They have 2 different types of black rubber, a large bulky & softer rubber, both w/o lining but you do use liners.
They're CE certified hazmat, we used them diving in the nuke pools & sewage treatment plants. :crafty:

I’ve been diving the Viking rings with Smurf gloves. The Vikings are the only rings I’ve seen with a lock rather than a pressure fit. They are easy to install, and seal well. They also come with a variety of rings to fit different gloves.

Very happy with the Sci Tech quick lock glove system and blue smurf gloves. Can get them from Santi Diving in Poland

I use DC rings - it is easy to get the gloves on and off, once you manage to mount the rings... You can mount many different industrial gloves on the DC rings.

FWIW, you will likely find the dry gloves to be just as bulky as your neoprene, if not more so, after you add insulation under the gloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom