Which fins were worn by Jessica Alba in "Into the Blue"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v4nity:
jessica can touch me. are you joking wth her body in that film..

i almost had a heart attack when she was freediving, stretched her arms up.. holy sweet fricking god.

and i am pretty much as straight as they come.. but ****. god. wow..

thanks for the fins. i want those.

is there a difference between scuba and free diving fins??

Yes, quite a significant difference.
When skin diving all one has to propel is one's body.
When scuba diving, not only does one have to propel one's body, but also all of the additional gear. The additional gear adds mass. The addition of more mass increases the water resistance incurred while diving. The increased water resistance requires a more powerful, forceful fin to move the body through the water.

the K

v4nity:
i saw an interview with miss alba, where she said the reason she hit the shark the way she did was because it got too close to her.. she had to push it away..
Sounds like a load of bull. Was she afraid it was going to bite her with its tail? LOL. I suppose she gave the same reason for touching the spotted eagle ray? We all know how ferocious they are.

i have no idea, although i have to say if a shark got that close to me, i would probably scream in terror, flail around like a maniac, and then get eatten...
she went into it, said that the people that were there told her that if one got too close, not to freak out, just to push it away and it would leave...
i have no idea whether or not this is true.. but you would think ***** slapping it would piss it off more..

v4nity...if you need something to touch just let me know. :D Costa Rica? I could make a trip back there.

v4nity:
i have no idea, although i have to say if a shark got that close to me, i would probably scream in terror, flail around like a maniac, and then get eatten...
she went into it, said that the people that were there told her that if one got too close, not to freak out, just to push it away and it would leave...
i have no idea whether or not this is true.. but you would think ***** slapping it would piss it off more..
No you wouldn't. Sharks are cool. Once you get close to one, you see how awesome they are and how totally uninterested in you they really are. I was about 1 foot away from a sand tiger in NC. It was like he was my buddy. Maybe silkies can be a little aggressive, but then you really have to punch them in the nose to get rid of them.

Ice fins were designed to present a less threatening appearance to marine creatures (prey) than a 6 foot diver with black fins, which is almost 9 foot long.

A spearfishing buddy of mine asked "do they make any fins that will make me look 12 foot long?" :D

It's a common misconception that long fins are only for freedivers. They offer plenty of power for scuba, as well as unparalleled speed. They work very well as long as the diver has open water and is graceful. I let my legs float up when on the bottom, and don't even kick up sedament.

I gave up powerfins in the late 70s.

Chad

BTW, yes be aggressive to sharks, they'll back down. (Disclaimer: Never been around whites or makos.)

Chad I would say "is that you in the photo" but the guy is wearing a shorty. **COUGH, COUGH, weenie, COUGH, COUGH** :D Nice fish! Grouper correct?

I would think that you would have to do a loonnng kick stroke for the free dive fins to work well and be effective.

fairybasslet:
No you wouldn't. Sharks are cool. Once you get close to one, you see how awesome they are and how totally uninterested in you they really are. I was about 1 foot away from a sand tiger in NC. It was like he was my buddy. Maybe silkies can be a little aggressive, but then you really have to punch them in the nose to get rid of them.

If you watch the extras on that DVD, you'll see that the crew often had to push sharks away. I agree that the sharks would normally be cool, but they kept them all in the area by chumming the water with fish heads. The sharks were a little more frisky than usual. The scene where Jessica throws the mask to Paul off the back of the boat required two masks. A shark nailed the first one right in front of him and the mask was never seen again :D

Sharks are different animals when there's food around. However, as Myth Busters proved, a simple push here and there and they veer off, even with a box of chum in front of you. Well, the gray reef sharks they were messing with did anyway. Pushing on a white or a bull shark may get you very different results :D

The extras on that DVD were pretty cool.
Jason

Well, I'm CERTAINLY not going to say anything bad about Jessica Alba, because she is a babe. However, IMHO, Jacqueline Bisset, in The Deep, was no doubt the hottest underwater creature that I've ever seen...:D

That was the original movie that Into The Blue was written from, and a far better plot. Now, I just need to get a copy of the original movie.

BTW, I've got daughters 20 to 30 and the youngest told me that any movie that Paul What's His Name is in is a loser!!

I'd say Jessica should have worn black fins in the movie.
Check out Mehgan Heaney-Grier below.

If you've never worn long fins, you owe it to yourself to try them out.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom