Question Which video light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harisf

New
Reaction score
Hello i have a tg-6 in a weefine housing and a ufl-3 strobe, I'm going to buy a video light. Till one week ago I had an XTAR D36 II and I wasn't satisfied, after a few minutes it was dimming down fast. I'm thinking to go for more lumens.

Both are having different angles, color and index color.
I'm going to use it for both video and photography. Which one you believe it's better?​

Neither, as both will drop off output very quickly. Check We Test Lights | Dive Tests and Teviews to look at brands/models that provide constant output until they run out of battery.

Thank you for your reply. Now I'm more confused. I thought Big blue lights are really good. If they drain so fast it will be noticeable. Sola pro 15000 looks more reliable with its specs. It's more expensive also. But my biggest concern is that is factory sealed, so if has battery issues, or need replace battery is it worth it or not?

Thank you for your reply. Now I'm more confused. I thought Big blue lights are really good. If they drain so fast it will be noticeable. Sola pro 15000 looks more reliable with its specs. It's more expensive also. But my biggest concern is that is factory sealed, so if has battery issues, or need replace battery is it worth it or not?
The inability to maintain light output is a major flaw. Now our eyes adjust quickly, so we really don't notice it. But if you were to use Big Blue lights for taking pictures, if you put the camera on manual, and set the aperture and shutter speed at the start of the dive, your images would be quickly underexposed.

Sure the Sola lights are more expensive. Any light that maintains output is a more complicated/sophisticated design and that is going to cost extra.

It all depends on how important this is to you. It is not a common use case for using video to document an archaeological site (like I was doing last month in Greece) where this becomes a big issue. I think for people professionally taking video underwater, it is a big issue. For consumers, maybe not so much. It depends on the quality they want from the content they produce.

At least BB stopped selling the canister light that almost killed someone a few years ago as it had no means of releasing excess pressure.

Solas are on sale more often than not. Getting 30% off retail is pretty normal. You may have to sign up for the email list with light&motion.

Solas are on sale more often than not. Getting 30% off retail is pretty normal. You may have to sign up for the email list with light&motion.
That's good but i'm living in Greece and the extra cost of tax and custom's fee will be huge. So if i'm gonna chose solas i try some europe based shop.

That's good but i'm living in Greece and the extra cost of tax and custom's fee will be huge. So if i'm gonna chose solas i try some europe based shop.
You should have contacted me in August..I would have brought them to you, like I brought a laptop for an archaeologist

The only answer to this question is Keldan. Now they are pricey but hands down the best video lights on the market by a landslide

Second the Keldan, pay once cry once! First I went for the SCUBALamp lights very cheap worked well though only lasted around two years leaking through the button. Replaced them with 10k Keldans, very happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom