Whites Aqua pro drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that a rear entry model? If so, see if the exhaust valve is in the armpit area. It's a royal pain to vent from there. Hopefully whoever owned the suit before had it installed on the cuff instead.

Is it a bilam or a quadflex model? the quadflex is a 4 layer and tougher.

You want to suit 2 sizes larger than your normal size so you can get the flexibility to move your arms up and out. Since this particular suit doesn't have flex panels, it can be restricting if too small.

Whites do make quality suits, the seams are really first rate on them.

I just bought a used Whites Northern dry suit 6 months ago. I live in South Florida so I don't need the heavy boots that it came with and sent it back to Whites to change them out. That was 2 months ago and it was just put in the mail back to the dive shop last Friday. I like the suit and I got it at a great price but if this is there avarage turn around time for a simple repair then it leaves much to be desired. The only other thing I found out is that no local repair shop will touch a Whites suit because of the process they use to seal the seams. I was told that it's a heat activated glue and that Aquaseal won't stick to the fabric for more then a few weeks before it peels off so the only option you have to get seals changed is to send it back to Whites.

Over all I'm happy with the suit but I hope that I never have to send it back again.

I've had an Aqua pro suit with 300+ dives on it, all original seals and zipper. The closest thing to bullit proof for a suit. In hindsight it does take a bit of effort to release air from the shoulder release but it's an excellent suit, especially for the price.

Excellent suit. My first DS was this model. I bought it a couple years used, dived it for a year-and-a-half, and resold it for the same price. Very usable, very durable. Only warning is to make sure the seals and zipper are in good shape before you buy, or you'll eat up your savings replacing either. I would still own it if had fit me better.

theskull

I let it go. The seller wouldn't answer emails so I couldn't trust him. The suit went for $355 with undersuit :(

Back
Top Bottom