Who Dives Travis after Work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianV:
Well I think Windy Pnt is cheaper during the week $5, versus $8 for Mansfield. It's also slightly closer, but I've dove both sites several times. I think in all I prefer the layout of Windy Point and the way it drops off. On the weekends we've been going to Mansfield lately since it's less crowded and vis is better, but during the week I bet Windy Point vis is just as good if not better.

Maybe we can get some people to meet up. My g/f dives and I might be able to talk her into it as well. I've actually got the itch and might consider trying to dive tomorrow after work.

How good do you think the vis is during mid week?
Windy Point is per person and Mansfield is per car. Windy Point is closer for me as well.

BrianV:
PS - nice car if that's yours. 426 or 440?

I only wish it were mine. With any luck one of them will be a project car someday. Engine size isn't as big a factor to me, but it would have to be a V8.

danktex:
Windy Point is per person and Mansfield is per car. Windy Point is closer for me as well.

That's true so if you go solo it's $8 at Mansfield, $5 for Windy ($10 on weekends).

Well, if you're doing the weekly thing, just splurge and buy an annual, and you can get into all Travis County parks with it (additional 2 bucks for hippy hollow). I know there are several dive shops / groups in town that do weekly get togethers out there, and I'm considering joining one on Wednesday nights. Basically, I'll dive only on days that end in "-y".

PvilleStang:
Well, if you're doing the weekly thing, just splurge and buy an annual, and you can get into all Travis County parks with it (additional 2 bucks for hippy hollow). I know there are several dive shops / groups in town that do weekly get togethers out there, and I'm considering joining one on Wednesday nights. Basically, I'll dive only on days that end in "-y".

Which dive club? Scubaland goes out there Wed night and Sunday afternoons, but sometimes it's not particularly organized and if you don't know someone or already have a buddy then you're sort of on your own. I'm sure once you become a regular it's cool. I go to the shop a lot and some of their larger, organized events, but I went once to a dive club event w/ my g/f and we couldn't even tell who was with the club and who wasn't so we just did our own thing and dove.

Just got back from Windy Point with Shaggie and Aggie Dad the diving was fun but the vis is still poor. I would definitly be into a regular Wednesday night thing if more were willing or even if just one was willing. I am leaving for Belize on Friday but will be back a week later.

danktex, I'm down for Wednesdays. I'm out of town next week, but let's plan on the week after. If somehow either of us forget, try to PM me on Monday or Tuesday of that week; I'll try to remember to do the same. I'll also try and talk my g/f into going as well. Anyone else is invited too, I'll bring some drinks, chips, etc if enough people come.

Thanks for the report danktex!

Well, I got a friend who dives with the old Pisces group on Wednesdays, AAS usually dives T/Th evenings, and I dive when I'm allowed. If nothing else, we'll have a SB group out there! :)

Sounds good, let's make it happen then!

Thx

danktex:
Just got back from Windy Point with Shaggie and Aggie Dad the diving was fun but the vis is still poor. I would definitly be into a regular Wednesday night thing if more were willing or even if just one was willing. I am leaving for Belize on Friday but will be back a week later.

Today was a list of first's for Danktex, AggieDad and Shaggie

Danktex, you need to change the number of dives
AggieDad - finally became an "official" Swamper instead of a wannabe
Shaggie - Well in involved an apparatus (out of Windy Point Park) and a dead fish.

this was my first dive of the year due to sinus problems and thankfully it went very well. Now if I can just get a mask that will quit leaking.

Lot's of fun guys,
If I am in town, put me down for Wednesday evenings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom