why bsac v padi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had similar problems here in france. I'm PADI trained, and have done almost all my diving in UK waters. When I moved here three years ago, there was no agreement between PADI and the French Federation (FFESSM) that all the clubs are affiliated to. No agreement between the two, and in general the clubs won't take you. At that particular point in time, all PADI divers were considered by the FFESSM as unqualified to dive in france :-(

It took 18 months, the signing of an agreement between the two agencies (that they recognise each other, and putting in place methods to crossover), and trying several clubs before I was able to join a club (even after the agencies had signed an agreement). Fortunately I have managed to find a decent club (that were prepared to put the effort in so that I could get a federal licence) and am now happily diving with them.

Smile... things could be far worse..............

Jon T

DORSETBOY:
so I smiled and was happy.... and behold things did get worse!

Oops... are things that bad?

Are there no other clubs in the area that you can try? have the links suggested here come to nothing?

Jon T

No, only joking! All sorted now thanks, also found a really helpful webiste called ukdiving.co.uk which has a section for linking up with other divers, sorry dont know how to put on here as a link!

Back
Top Bottom