why did GUE , DIR take so long to adopt sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no longhose is standard.

The longer SPG hoses don't act as Velcro when routed against the body on the cylinder.

Normal cave passage around me is between 10 and 15 inches high, silty, with boulders, and absolutely zero vis.

Full capabilities of sidemount are often met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With AI in a complete silt out you can just hold the dive computer to your mask with the backlight on to see your pressures. That's a No Brainer. The thought of carrying all that extra silly hose is insane. Leave the real sidemounting to the pros!

Seriously?

I didn't realize so many people on ScubaBoard were into extreme diving ... not sure whether I should feel fortunate or inadequate.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If it makes you feel better Bob I'm scared of the sea?

I'm not too familiar with sidemount, so it seems, would you care to explain the concept of a 24" SPG hose?

If he is doing sidemount configuration as the CDG does, then the tanks are further down the torso, so bending down to look at an spg in low viz in impossible. I have seen long high pressure hoses used in this case.

I am CDG :p

CDG sidemounting (which is the original sidemounting) and American sidemount are both derived out of needs based on cave conditions locally, but comparison of rigs is apples and oranges. I have a lot of respect for the CDG because to me their teaching paradigm is the best.

See I think we may be speaking the same language, but have different terms for things.

So I use what is described on here as American side mounting.

sump4.com/home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom