Why wear swimsuit under wetsuit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear Speedo briefs under my wetsuit so that when I am on the boat and taking off my wetsuit ...
... some of us just ... shouldn't ...

In the old days we wore nothing under our wetsuits. Sometimes pantyhose to make it easier to get the bottoms on.

What changed this for me was when women started diving, there was a group of us at a local dive site, all men, changing clothes. A local instructor was bringing a class of young ladies over the dune and walked into a group of naked men.

Shrieks all around.......
... ya sure those weren't giggles?

That's nothing that a bottle of hair conditioner won't solve.
... finally found a use for that stuff ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

...my GF once had to stare at a crotch ornament that sneeked its way out of a ripped wetsuit while the owner of such ornament, seemingly unaware of that fact was attempting to fix her mask standing at the top of a boat ladder. Later on after the dive, at the restaurant, said individual told us that he once had to wear a coverall on top of his wetsuit due to the fact that while diving commando, his wetsuit had ripped in the crotch area. My GF bit her tongue as she almost told him that said coverall was still in dire need.

I usually dive in just a dive skin. The only time I actually wear a wetsuit is in the cenotes. Dive skins are very thin. And I have pictures taken at depth in which you can see the color and pattern of the suit underneath very clearly. So if I didn't wear a suit of some sort under the skin, it would be...uncomfortable...for lots of people.

Lavacore shorts. Gotta keep the boys warm.

chaffing that's why

Ever walk up a flight of stairs with nothing but skin against custom fitted wetsuit? You don't want to do it.

Wouldn't that be a sight to see. :eyebrow:

When I dive wet I wear a bathing suit under my wetsuit, because in the US we are all ashamed if the human form:idk:.

Baby shampoo works well too, plus doubles as mask antifog. Whole lot cheaper than the commercial stuff and cleat sting as much if gets in your eyes.

Must be getting modest in my old age, at least that's what I say. My kids say I have a small jelly roll.

1+ speedo jammers and usually long sleeve rash guard helps with getting back into wet wetsuit. I also do a lot of shore diving so helps stay decent when changing on the street at public beach.

I have also heard of using Under Armor compression shorts as well.

Back
Top Bottom