Will this work?!? (Wetsuit & snorkeling question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philipraposo1982

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a crazy idea of not but I live in ontario canada and i do most of my snorkeling is cold / cool freshwater in the lakes around me.

I would like to extend my season and be able to enjoy my time spent in the water more. I was thinking about buying a 4/3 wet suit to keep me warm while snorkeling but wanted some opinions before spending the money on one.

This would be the suit I would get FLASH BOMB ZIP FREE 4/3

My thought is that its keeps me warm, i don't have to worry about getting sun burnt, don't have to worry as much about rubbing up on abrasive rocks or whatever. just overall more protection.

I am hoping for some feedback. please let me know if you use a wet suit, how you like it, if its worth using etc.

Thank you all very much in advanced for any help.

I agree that a wetsuit will do ll that you have mentioned. While that suit looks nice do you want a zip free suit? They are often take a little more to get into than a suit with a zipper. Plus at that price you could pick from a number of other suits that will perform similarly and save a little money.

Can you suggest a better suit? I watched some reviews on this one and it was rated very highly. also was looking at a billabong furnace pro 4/3

You may also want to check out a MAKO freedive suit. A 5 mm suit will be very warm. Our suits have an integrated hood which eliminates the need for any zippers. Warmest possible design.

We only sell direct so our prices are much lower than typical retail stores and we use the best neoprene. Yamamoto - strong and flexible

I second what MAKO said. The freediving / spearfishing opencell suits are great - and the integrated hood makes, open cell inner and flexible neoprene means they are warmer than most SCUBA wetsuits.

I haven't used MAKO as I am in New Zealand so cannot comment on their gear but the stuff they have online looks good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom